Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/23/2020 9:02:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Generalist jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Senior Generalist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Generalist? Job Summary:
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Senior Generalists have the ability to create photo-real environments and landscapes, exhibiting a strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes. They work with live action footage, digital still photography, rendered computer graphic elements, and digital paint to create environments that are seamlessly integrated into shots and sequences. They are able to create multiple types of mattes from simple to moderately difficult and can work confidently enough to be able to decide where to allocate detail based on the shot. They can interpret feedback to respond to review notes with little supervisor direction. Their texture skills are strong and they are able to create maps in 2D and set up basic shaders for look development. They have a good understanding of the physics of light, how this interacts with the camera and how to create basic lighting setups in complex shaders (like hard surface type materials) that look convincing and render efficiently.
• Responsible for creating original 2D and 3D content that may comprise part or all of an environment
• Uses artistic and technical skills to work on all aspects of CG images or shots
• Creates high quality computer graphics within a shot using a variety of software programs, and working under the general supervision of Generalist Supervisors
• Collaborates with team members in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
• Expected to support and mentor Apprentice and Jr. Artists and must be able to assist them with their shots
• Work to meet defined milestones within a timeline
• Source suitable reference materials for required assets
• Attend dailies and participate in creative problem solving
• Degree or 3-5 years relevant experience (professional or amateur) in one or more of the following fields: computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography
• Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, or compositing OR proven artistic ability in a non-CG field (impressive portfolio of figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.)
• Demo reel required
• High level of problem solving or creative thinking skills
• Must have extensive knowledge of Matte Painting techniques and precise timing requirements to ensure accuracy of bids
Required Technical Skills
• Fluent in Photoshop
• Fluent in 3dsmax, Maya or similar
• Fluent in Vray or MRay or similar ray trace renderer
• Comparable software experience considered
• Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new software
• Strong understanding and ability in perspective, value matching 35mm photography, and motion
• Understanding 2D compositing software
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.