Senior Digital Paint Artist
Industrial Light & MagicVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
The Senior Digital Paint Artist restores background plates and creates digital articulate mattes.
What You'll Do
• Demonstrate a strong eye for color and grain structures with the ability to match saturation, hues and black points from multiple sources to create a cohesive final montage
• Able to break shots down into individual components with little supervision
• Easily assimilate feedback given by supervisors
• Research appropriate references including continuity with like shots. Proactively communicates this information to the team
• Demonstrate a keen eye for recognizing paint artifacts, sharpness and color issues
• Able to handle complex shots with heavy motion blur, lots of layers, etc.
• Ability to use a combination of techniques when dealing with tricky wire removals and clean plates
• Demonstrate a basic ability to do ''paint on comp'' work to a high level of quality
• Working knowledge of color correction and Grain pipeline in Nuke
• Ability to use layout and DM cameras in Nuke
• Ability to export track points between multiple toolsets
• Working knowledge of stereo compositing pipeline
• Demonstrate excellent trouble shooting skills
• Take ownership and responsibility of shot. Proactively offer options and find own solutions for production problems.
• Actively work across departments in shot groups. Provide updates to production and other artists on shot progress
What We're Looking For
• At least 5 years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least seven years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
• Experience with Silhouette and Nuke
• Computer proficiency including UNIX operating system; the ability to learn software and adapt scripts
• Must have an understanding how their work fits into the pipeline and it's effect on upstream and downstream departments
• Must have a willingness to learn new tools, a proven ability to be detail-oriented, and problem solving skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and to work efficiently within a production environment
• • •