Senior Crowd Technical Director
Industrial Light & MagicVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 7/28/2023 9:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Crowd Technical Director jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Senior Crowd Technical Director postings
Full Time Job
The main focus of the position will be to create crowd simulations for our CG scenes, using either off the shelf or our own proprietary software to populate cities, large scale environments and choreograph battles.
What You'll Do
• Manage and organize motion for crowds
• Animation and simulations on shots or sequences
• Creating show-specific tools and setups to complement the crowd pipeline.
• Setting-up / troubleshooting crowd simulations
• Setup and run cloth simulations on Crowd
What We're Looking For
• Advanced knowledge of Houdini Software
• Proven experience working on high end VFX feature-film productions.
• Strong crowd and layout skills including asset integration, scene setup and running simulations
• Experience working with motion capture and/or clip-based animation
• Strong working knowledge of Maya
• Proficiency with Linux
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality output.
• Nice to have:
• Experience working with cloth simulations and Vellum
• Working knowledge of VEX and/or Python
• Understanding of 'Maya-to-Houdini' workflow
• Keen eye for how crowds flock and move / behavioural observations
• • •