Senior Creature Technical Director - Rigging
Industrial Light & MagicVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 7/9/2020 7:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Creature Technical Director - Rigging jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Senior Creature Technical Director - Rigging postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Creature Technical Director - Rigging? Job Summary:
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Senior Creature TD Riggers are responsible for rigging and enveloping hero to background creature, vehicles and props in Maya. They are able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
This specific position is for a production that requires experience and proficiency in both realistic and toon style animation, where experience working with rigs for an exaggerated cartoon style of animation on animated features, as well as live action creature and character animation will be key to this role.
• Advanced Hero-creature rigging and enveloping in Maya
• Troubleshoot creature rigging and pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines
• Mentor entry level artists
• Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in Maya
• Sufficient knowledge of Maya rigging techniques to optimize the performance of rigs
• Participate in reviews, dailies, and department meetings as required
• Special projects as necessary
• At least 5 years relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, at least 7 years relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education
/ Technical Competencies
• Experience with advanced hero asset rigging and enveloping in Maya, on realistic VFX and toon-style animated feature films
• Experience setting up and running simulation shot work
• Experience in corrective sculpting
• Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
• Positive Attitude and team player
• Passion for the work
• Good communication skills
/ Technical Competencies
• Experience with Massive or Houdini crowd software
• Basic proficiency in another discipline - modeling, texture, TD, animation
• Proficiency with Linux
• Expertise with Maya
• Experience with python scripting
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.