Industrial Light & MagicSydney, NS
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s four studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Production Manager to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
Show Production Managers “PM’s” work in tandem with a VFX Producer on a project. The PM functions as the Producer’s “right hand”, stepping up to support Producer duties as required and keeping a direct line of communication with the VFX Producer (and/or Executive in Charge of Production) on all aspects of the show. The PM reports to the VFX Show Producer on a daily basis for show specific tasks.
• Under direction of VFX Producer, collaborate with CG Talent managers on day-to-day crew needs as required.
• In collaboration with Producer and Supervisors, create overall show asset and shot schedule across all disciplines and capitalizing on external vendors, using ILM’s best practices for scheduling. Oversee implementation of schedule by guiding and directing coordinators, Supervisors and leads as needed.
• Acts as liaison between client side Production team and ILM Production team.
• In collaboration with Producer, manage the production crew on a daily basis including directing Coordinators and Production Assistants to ensure all show needs are met.
• Partner with Producer in overseeing roles/responsibilities for Productions Coordinators and Production Assistants.
• Proactively problem-solve and raise concerns in all aspects of vendor relations.
• Provide support as liaison with vendors for technical and creative issues that arise to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to.
• In partnership with VFX Producer, VFX Supervisor, and CG Supervisor, assist in facilitating overall setup of Project (“Show”) pipeline and toolsets.
• Evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; help develop cross utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow.
• Manage communication between other ILM global sites.
• Act as default leader when Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged.
• Run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting may or may not be required, and would be left to the discretion of the Producer. In partnership with Producer, check Financials to make sure work is on budget.
• Manage client contact when Producer is absent or unavailable.
• Supervise, delegate to, and consult on creation of training plan for Production Coordinator(s) and Production Assistant(s).
• Special projects as requested.
• Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• 7 years minimum work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX. Familiarity with Google Suite is favourable.
• Strong scheduling experience required.
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
• Display previous experience in building strong working relationships
• Strong influencing and partnership skills.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.