Sr Production Engineer
Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/17/2023 6:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Sr Production Engineer jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Sr Production Engineer postings
Full Time Job
Sr Production Engineer (Real-Time Story & Animation R&D)
We are looking for an engineer for our ILM R&D StageCraft Engineering Team, to help advance the state of the art in virtual production and previsualization technology for major film, TV, and interactive projects.
We're looking for someone with experience in real-time visualization, user-interface design, and/or complex systems integration. We need people with a keen interest in making production-worthy tools for artists, and with the drive to put them into action.
You will develop, maintain, and support Lucasfilm's beloved previsualization system, Zviz, for the upcoming slate of exciting projects at Lucasfilm Animation, creator of the Emmy award-winning animation series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an original series now streaming on Disney+.
What You'll Do
• Work in a collaborative, distributed team of full-time software engineers and talented artists at ILM and Lucasfilm
• Develop applications, systems, and tools that support innovative workflows incorporating state-of-the-art real-time technology for previsualization
• Design artist-friendly user interfaces and pipeline tools that scale to high volume, fast-paced animation production
• Work within, extend, and support Lucasfilm's proprietary previsualization software system, Zviz, that seamlessly integrates with ILM's StageCraft virtual production toolset
• Split time between long-term software development projects and day-to-day production support
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
• Previous experience in Animation, VFX, or similar digital production facility or related software development company is desirable
• Proficiency with real-time workflows and previsualization technology is desirable
• Proficiency in C++ and/or Python on Linux
• Thorough knowledge of technology related to animation and performance capture: character rigging, geometric deformations, dynamic simulation, computer vision, etc.
• Experience designing interfaces using GUI toolkits: Qt, PySide, etc.
• Proficiency with realtime workflows and virtual production technology is desirable
• Thorough knowledge of software development principles: object-oriented design, test-driven development, source code management, build and release processes
The hiring range for this position in San Francisco is $145,400 to $181,700 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
• • •