Production Engineer II Platform Engineering
Industrial Light & MagicSydney, NS
This was removed by the employer on 4/10/2023 6:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Production Engineer II Platform Engineering jobs in Sydney-NS
Search all Production Engineer II Platform Engineering postings
Full Time Job
The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company's five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless teamwork on all joint projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Production Engineer II - Platform Engineering to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Production Engineer II in Platform is responsible for developing and maintaining core pipeline applications and services used by all departments throughout the company, at all our locations around the world. This includes, but is not limited to: media creation, review and communication tools, data synchronization services, core asset publishing services and the render farm tools and services. Our systems provide the core foundation of pipeline services that are essential for the smooth operation of our multi-site, award winning, visual effects company.
Primary Responsibilities:Administrative/Departmental Duties
• Responsible for the development of workflow and tools, under the guidance of a project lead
• Creates new tools and workflows
• Advises/assists other engineers with maintenance and bug fixing of existing tools
• Serves as knowledge resource for workflow and tools used in production at ILM
• Updates and feature additions to existing services
• Provide support to local productions to keep the pipeline running smoothly
• Install and configure software
• Troubleshoot service issues
• Provide training and assistance to engineers and artists on toolsets and services
• Participates in discussions surrounding future workflow and tool development
• Collaborates with engineers, artists and productions to develop efficient services and supporting tools.
• Participate in the activities of the globally distributed core pipeline engineering team, including:
• Development and support activities
• Regular status and planning meetings as time zones permit
• Adherence to development best practices and standards defined by Engineering Supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree in Computing Science or Graphics discipline, or equivalent professional experience
• 4-8 years of experience in the visual effects, computer animation, or relevant industries.
• A positive, ''can-do'' attitude with balance: must not be afraid to ask for help when getting outside experience base or comfort zone
• A clear and concise communicator: ability to keep end users informed of progress and managers informed of requests
• An effective listener: able to engage with and understand collaborators to discover what their requirements are
• An effective time manager: must be able to prioritize a multitude of requests and not be afraid to ask for help if the path isn't clear
• Passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through on assigned tasks
• An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
• A creative thinker and innovator: able to devise and employ ingenious solutions to difficult problems.
/ Technical Competencies:
• Experience with Python programming and the Linux environment
• Experience designing and developing asynchronous services using tornado or other frameworks using python
• Experience architecting and developing RESTful APIs
• Experience working with revision control systems and defined coding standards.
• Experience developing with C or C++
• Experience creating distributed, scalable systems that are fault tolerant and reliable
• Experience with one or more relational or NoSQL technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, ElasticSearch and/or TitanDB
• Familiarity with message queuing systems such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
• Familiarity with service discovery systems and distributed key/value stores such as consul, etcd and/or ZooKeeper
• Understanding of storage clusters and network protocols, including TCP and NFS
• Knowledge of the standard python packaging and installation tool-chain
• VFX, Feature Animation or Episodic production experience is a bonus
• Experience developing on Windows is a bonus.
At Lucasfilm/ILM we believe that diversity, inclusion and belonging are integral to our company. We are at our best when our people at all levels reflect the vast life experiences of our audiences, and we thrive when ideas and decisions from all are valued and represented. If you are passionate about the role, but don't fit every criteria of the posting, we encourage you to still apply. We want to hear your story .
• • •