Industrial Light & MagicSydney, NS
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s four studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Production Coordinator to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Production Coordinator’s primary emphasis is on scheduling, communication and coordination for a specific group (discipline) of artists (or multiple groups) on any given project. This position reports to Project (“Show”) Producer and Production Manager, while also working with other Coordinators on the project in keeping the show operating in an organized and efficient manner. Coordinators are also responsible for working with and delegating to the project Production Assistants. Each Coordinator usually works closely with their specific group of artists’ Supervisor or Lead in crewing, scheduling, and managing that group’s body of work. Coordinators are significant points of information on the show and need to be able to balance multiple needs, projects, and tasks at one time.
• Work closely with your discipline supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your discipline’s body of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other discipline needs.
• Establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to your artist crew, as well as the overall show crew. This should be daily and/or weekly.
• Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within the ILM Internal Tracking Tool as well working with Production Managers to display the information in a physical form (magnet boards / conference rooms) in order to be visible to the team.
• Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines. Check in with artists on a regular basis regarding workload, targets, needs, etc
• Set up turnovers with discipline crew. Communicate turnover information to all artists assigned to asset(s) or shot(s).
• Track client needs, reviews and deliveries to make sure your discipline hits their targets.
• Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
• Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner.
• Supervise, delegate to, and train assigned Production Assistant(s).
• Act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into the Internal Tracking System/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
• Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues.
• Perform special projects as needed.
• Communicates with all parties on the project, from Supervisors to Production leadership and peers, to artists.
• Three years work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post production techniques and terminology.
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX and familiarity with Google Suite is preferred.
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
• Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.