Industrial Light & MagicMumbai, MH
Full Time Job
ILM is opening its Mumbai studio in the fall of 2022. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Mumbai studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company's six studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Mumbai, we are seeking a Production Assistant to join as one of the first members of the team and be a part of building the studio and its technology infrastructure.
This entry level position provides administrative and backup assistance to the production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process at ILM. They can be temporary positions but may evolve into longer term project positions (from as short as two weeks to as long as one year).
What You'll Do
• Assist the Production team in day to day activities, assist in production errands and tasks, and be the go-to for general needs to the entire crew
• Technical Assistance: Will need some technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings
• Conference room setup and troubleshooting, Viewstation setup and troubleshooting, basic technical troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
• Manage cc lists for reviews, shot notifications, tools updates, etc.
• Meeting Setup: PA will be notify the crew of all meeting/review times and locations (and making sure they attend), prepping the review playlists, and possibly taking notes; act as assistant to the CG Coordinators/Managers to help follow up on items after various meetings
• Internal Tracking Database: Will assist CG Coordinators in making sure internal tracking tools are up to date
• Schedule and Shot Tracking: Assist the Production Coordinators and Managers in making sure the physical schedule boards are up to date and all vfx elements are accounted for (matching the Internal Tracking Database)
• Show Schedule: Oversees overall show calendar in Outlook in keeping everyone on the same page of what's happening on a daily basis (dailies, meetings, client reviews, etc)
• Contact Information: Maintain internal crew and client contact information, all internal email aliases for the show, and show webpage
• Craft Service and Overtime Meals: Maintain supply of snack foods and drinks for crew of 50-150; manage the ordering, delivery, and clean up of meals as needed (lunch, dinner, weekend); conceive, order, and set up of thematic crew parties, as needed
• Shipping and receiving (digital): Oversee the delivering and receiving all files used between clients, external vendors, and internal crew at various locations; keep a meticulous account of all files transferred
• Shipping and receiving (practical): Actively prep, ship, receive, and keep a detailed account of all models, props, and media drives shared between various contacts
• Office maintenance: Organize the production office, order office supplies, keep the printer supplied with paper, expense reports, organizing travel, etc.
• Driven to organize and maintain the digital reference repository (digital artwork, movies, etc). Also print physical copies of any reference when needed
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in film production or equivalent preferred
• Minimum two years of related experience
• Computer literacy; work processing and spreadsheet experience helpful; 50 wpm typing
• This position is on a guaranteed 50 hour work week, with overtime and some Saturday work required
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
• Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis
• Ability to travel as needed
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines
• Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills
• • •