Pipeline Technical Director
Industrial Light & MagicLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The Pipeline Technical Director is responsible for developing and maintaining the VFX production pipeline, and ensuring it is running smoothly and efficiently. Based within the Pipeline team you will be active in both development projects, mentoring and artist support.
What we're looking for:
• Experience in Computing Science or Graphics discipline.
• Experience in the visual effects or computer animation industries
• A clear and concise communicator: ability to keep end users informed of progress and managers informed of requests.
• An effective listener: able to engage with and understand artists to discover what their requirements are.
• An effective time manager: must be able to prioritize a multitude of requests and not be afraid to ask for help if the path isn't clear.
• Passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through on assigned tasks.
• An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
• A creative thinker and innovator: able to devise and employ ingenious solutions to difficult problems.
• Strong knowledge of python programming and the Linux environment
• Experience working with revision control systems and defined coding standards
• Experience developing tools and/or plugins within industry software packages such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini or Katana
• Experience with Renderman, vray or Arnold
• Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Redis
• Knowledge of RESTful APIs
• Knowledge developing against and/or deploying Amazon Web Services
• Knowledge of the standard python packaging and installation tool-chain
• VFX, Feature Animation or Episodic production experience
• Experience developing on Windows
• • •