Line Producer Ilm
Industrial Light & MagicLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The Line Producer works closely with the Coordinators on the project in keeping the show operating in an organized and efficient manner. The LP will oversee the show sequence or discipline schedules and help guide them in order to have a comprehensive sequence or overall show schedule, depending on project size. Line Producers are also responsible for working with and delegating to the project Production Assistants.
• Establish a show schedule and work closely with the Coordinators in order to maintain a strong overall schedule. In addition, may involve coordinating for a specific group (discipline) of artists (or multiple groups) on any given project.
• Work closely with the Producer and Production Manager to bid shot work.
• Report to Project (''Show'') Producer and Production Manager potential issues that may affect the schedule or workflow.
• Correspond with client regarding reviews, schedule, and needs.
• Work closely with discipline supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling bodies of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other discipline needs.
• Establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to discipline or sequence crews, as well as the overall show crew. This should be daily and/or weekly.
• Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within the ILM Internal Tracking Tool as well as working with Production Managers to display the information in a physical and digital form (magnet boards / conference rooms/online tools) in order to be visible to the team.
• Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines.
• Track client needs, reviews and deliveries to make sure all disciplines hit their targets.
• Keep a weekly synopsis of discipline and/or sequence accomplishments and next steps.
• Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
• Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner.
• Act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into the Internal Tracking System/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
• On relevant shows, oversee outsourced work so that vendors' bids and schedule flow with the overall show schedule, and confirm that vendors' bids and schedule are in line with the goals of the show.
• Technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
• Conference room, Viewstation and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
• Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues.
• Perform special projects as needed.
as Needed on Shows
• May accompany VFX Supervisor and Layout on location for blue screen and principle photography work. Responsible for camera reports, shot information sheets, and matchmove information. Must be able to recognize and report back to ILM production any changes to shots that affect the budget.
• Serve as the main point person between the Production and VFX Editors. Discuss cut lengths, key frame numbers, editorial discrepancies and other specifics regarding film
• Reserve equipment and resources needed for location and stage work; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts.
• Role may require weekend work depending on show schedule.
• Travel for plate shoots
• Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production
• Experience in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• Previous work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post-production techniques and terminology.
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX required.
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
• This position is on a guaranteed 50 hour work week, with overtime and some Saturday work required.
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
• Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis
• Ability to travel as needed
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
• Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
• • •