Ilmxlab Technical Artist
Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2020 2:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Ilmxlab Technical Artist jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Ilmxlab Technical Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Ilmxlab Technical Artist? Job Summary:
Position at ILMxLAB
*Remote Work Option Available for the rest of 2020, with potential to relocate Bay Area where this role will eventually be based*
We are looking for a Technical Artist who is passionate about bringing the latest technical trends in real-time development to their craft, and who reflects the innovative spirit and immersive storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
The Technical Artist is responsible for actively partnering with the development team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for the highest possible visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance.
What You'll Do
• Contribute to look development of the highest-caliber real-time art by creating shaders, lighting and particle effects, and partnering with character and environment artists on asset lookdev.
• Standardize and improve development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders, LODs, asset streaming, collisions, and interactions.
• Partner with the art and engineering teams to facilitate communication and collaboration, and ensure that goals and best practices for both are represented.
• Proactively identify and solve technical art issues and challenges.
• Create and maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of processes, tools and workflows.
What We're Looking For
• 5 years’ experience as a technical artist - or equivalent capacity - in 3D game development; and a degree in Computer Science or advanced programming skills
• Strong 3D art skills with experience and deep understanding of optimizing modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, shading, lighting and particle effects for real-time workflows
• Maya: excellent working knowledge of the API (Python or C ), strong scripting skills in Python/PyMel.
• Unreal Engine: extensive experience working with UE scripting and workflows: gameplay logic and Blueprints, physically-based rendering, materials & real-time lighting
• Shaders: in-depth knowledge of real-time shader implementations, limitations of shaders in VR, strong understanding of PBR pipelines and subsurface shaders
• Materials: experience in the development, authoring & organization of efficient node-based materials via the UE4 material editor
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: Substance Designer / Painter, Zbrush or Mudbox, Houdini, Mari, Unity
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines and/or collaboratively with strong communication skills
**A portfolio / reel submission - including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section - is required with all applications**
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.