Ilmxlab Technical Artist - Expression Of Interest
Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/6/2023 6:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Ilmxlab Technical Artist - Expression Of Interest jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Ilmxlab Technical Artist - Expression Of Interest postings
Full Time Job
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are looking for a Technical Artist who is passionate about bringing the latest technical trends in real-time development to their craft, and who reflects the innovative spirit and immersive storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
The Technical Artist is responsible for actively partnering with the development team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for the highest possible visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance.
What You'll Do
• Contribute to look development of the highest-caliber real-time art by creating shaders, lighting and particle effects, and partnering with character and environment artists on asset lookdev.
• Partner with the art and engineering teams to facilitate communication, and ensure that goals and best practices for both are represented.
• Explore and implement new tools and techniques to continuously push the visual bar to the leading edge using scripting (Blueprints, Python, C++) and rapid prototypes.
• Proactively identify and solve technical art issues and challenges.
• Provide hands-on support to the development team for asset performance profiling and optimization. Identify, triage, and fix bugs as required.
• Standardize and improve development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders, LODs, asset streaming, collisions, and interactions.
• Create and maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of processes, tools and workflows.
What We're Looking For
• 3+ years experience in games, film, television, AR/VR or related fields
• 3+ years experience with programming/scripting languages such as Python, C++, C#, Java, Perl, or MEL
• Strong 3D art skills with experience and deep understanding of optimizing modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, shading, lighting and particle effects for real-time workflows
• Advanced knowledge of software including Maya, Houdini, Blender, Substance Designer/Painter, and Photoshop
• Unreal Engine: extensive experience working with UE scripting and workflows: Blueprints, material networks, real-time lighting and simulations
• Shaders: in-depth knowledge of real-time shader implementations, limitations of shaders in VR, strong understanding of PBR pipelines and subsurface shaders
• Materials: experience in the development, authoring & organization of efficient node-based materials via the UE4 material editor
• Proficiency with profiling tools in the examination & diagnosis of performance issues
• Team-player mindset: open & receptive to ideas, constructive feedback, direction and changes. Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design, engineering and production
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines. Works well with direction, but also is self-motivated and will seek out or devise solutions to unexpected challenges.
• Nice to have:
• Passion for playing and making games, experience or interest in VR and AR
• Familiarity with C#, or C++
• Visual Effects production / pipeline experience
• Interest and capacity to work with proprietary toolsets
**A portfolio / reel submission - including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section - is required with all applications**
The hiring range for this position in San Francisco is $101,300 to $126,600 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
• • •