Ilmxlab Production Coordinator
Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/23/2022 11:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Coordinator Category
Search for Ilmxlab Production Coordinator jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Ilmxlab Production Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Production Coordinators (''PCs'') are responsible for scheduling, communication and coordination for a specific number of active projects. PCs work under project's Producer and Production Manager, and work cross-functionally with leads and peers in disciplines across the project(s) and departments across the company.
We are looking for a supportive and proactive team member who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, team-based mindset and passion for great storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
What You'll Do
• Work closely with your department(s) supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your team's body of work, keeping in mind the overall project schedule, milestones, and other pertinent considerations; work closely with the Production Manager to help create resource allocation plans for your team(s)
• Establish a process for communicating deadlines, assignments, and priorities to your department(s), as well as the entire project team at a regular cadence; create and distribute weekly reports on your department(s) accomplishments and next steps; anticipate and communicate issues/risks with leadership to reach solutions in a timely manner
• Act as the primary point person for organizing reviews/meetings for your department(s); take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and communicate changes to those whose work may be impacted; follow-up on action items and issues that result from reviews/meetings.
• Manage inter-departmental dependencies through assessing the impact of changes in the production schedule and/or scope of work as they affect the upstream and downstream departments; proactively propose and implement solutions to schedule conflicts
• Serve as a key communication liaison for all parties relevant to your work; provide updates, priorities, schedule information, and statuses of work at any given moment.
• Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within the company's tracking systems and ensure that information is kept current Evaluate the overall workload of your department(s) daily
• Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external deadlines; check in with your team members regularly regarding their workloads, targets, needs, etc.
• Technical ability required to set up and operate hardware & software (including VR headsets, AR devices, etc.) for reviewing work and product demonstrations
• If coordinating work with third-party partners or vendors, establish collaboration workflows that fits the needs of your department(s) and overall project team
• Supervise, delegate to, and train assigned Production Assistant(s)
• Provide hands-on support to project team members, including prioritization and escalation of technical issues, file management & delivery, etc.
• Perform special projects as needed
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Game Development, Animation or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 3 years professional experience in CGI production
• Experience scheduling projects with complex task relationships, and demonstrated understanding of animation/VFX and/or video games production workflows and terminology
• Ability to problem-solve, balance priorities and multi-task efficiently within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, creative environment which requires adaptability and flexibility
• Attention to detail, consistent follow through and strong communication skills
• Ability to communicate clearly across departments, exhibiting exceptional skills in diplomacy, flexibility and patience
• Ability to motivate and empower teams, foster collaboration and communicate effectively with team members of all levels while displaying team leadership skills
• Excellent time and resource management skills with the ability to self-motivate and meet deliverables while working independently
• Experience with project planning tools such as MS Project or Smartsheet, and task management tools such as JIRA, Asana, etc.
• Bonus points for:
• Experience or interest in the creation of AR/VR/Mixed Reality experiences
• Professional experience in both CG animation/VFX and real-time/interactive production
• Professional experience with both agile and waterfall project management methodologies
• • •