Ilmxlab Production Coordinator
Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Position at ILMxLAB
Primary emphasis is on scheduling, communication and coordination for a specific group (discipline) of artists (or multiple groups) on any given project. Reports to Project (“Show”) Producer and Production Manager, while also working with other Coordinators on the project in keeping the show operating in an organized and efficient manner. Coordinators are also responsible for working with and delegating to the project Production Assistants. Each Coordinator usually works closely with their specific group of artists’ Supervisor or Lead in crewing, scheduling, and managing that group’s body of work. Coordinators are significant points of information on the show and need to be able to balance multiple needs, projects, and tasks at one time.
• Work closely with your discipline supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your discipline’s body of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other discipline needs.
• Establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to your artist crew, as well as the overall show crew. This should be daily and/or weekly.
• Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within the ILM Internal Tracking Tool as well working with Production Managers to display the information in a physical form (magnet boards / conference rooms) in order to be visible to the team.
• Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines. Check in with artists on a regular basis regarding workload, targets, needs, etc
• Set up turnovers with discipline crew. Communicate turnover information to all artists assigned to asset(s) or shot(s).
• Track client needs, reviews and deliveries to make sure your discipline hits their targets.
• Keep a weekly synopsis of your discipline’s accomplishments and next steps.
• If coordinating work from an external company, establish process for working with them that fits with your production team, supervisors, and leads.
• Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
• Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner.
• Supervise, delegate to, and train assigned Production Assistant(s).
• Act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into the Internal Tracking System/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
• Technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
• Conference room, Viewstation and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
• Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues.
• Ability to learn basic commands required to assist artists in file organization, submitting shots and QC-ing movies.
• Perform special projects as needed.
as Needed on Shows
• May accompany VFX Supervisor and Matchmover on location for blue screen and principle photography work. Responsible for camera reports, shot information sheets, and matchmove information. Must be able to recognize and report back to ILM production any changes to shots that affect the budget.
• Reserve equipment and resources needed for location and stage work; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts.
• Role may also require:
• Travel for plate shoots.
• Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production when on location.
• Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• Three years work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post production techniques and terminology.
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX required. Familiarity with Google Suite.
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
• This position is on a guaranteed 40 hour work week, with daily overtime and some Saturday work required.
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time.
• Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
• Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.