Ilmxlab Production Assistant
Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Position at ILMxLAB
This entry level position provides administrative and operations support to the project teams while providing an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process at ILMxLAB.
• Support the Production team in daily activities, assist in production tasks and errands, and be the go-to person for general needs of the crew
• Schedules internal and external meetings (incl. off-sites, conference calls, Cinesyncs, etc.); books resources and acquires materials for meetings. Wrangles attendees for timely start of meetings. Monitors calendars and mitigates schedule conflicts
• Handles physical and digital deliveries of project files, equipment and information. Record/track all delivery details. Communicates with partners, clients, vendors and other internal departments regarding delivery logistics
• Organizes reference files on the network. Ensures the files are saved in proper locations with proper naming conventions. Maintains online file repositories (box.com, etc.)
• Under the guidance of the Producer(s), Production Manager(s) and Production Coordinator(s), updates project task boards and tracking databases
• Assist the Production Coordinator with note taking, distributing project information, and project research/information gathering as directed
• Organizes production travel and completes expense reports
• Takes the lead in packing and shipping equipment for offsite projects, ensuring that all technology needs are accounted for, and possible additional needs are anticipated
• Calendaring for internal xLAB meetings, events, and other tracking
• Act as day-to-day point of contact for new hires during the onboarding process, including ensuring correct workstation and equipment setup, and assisting with ergonomic requests, etc.
• Set up space and equipment for meetings, reviews and demos. Troubleshoot room/resource issues to ensure timely start and smooth operation. Maintains ILMxLAB space and equipment in functioning order. Liaises to support departments to obtain help and resources as needed
• Updating tracking documents
• Purchasing tracking/support, receipt of shipped goods, and deployment of shipped goods
• Responsible for receiving, logging, labeling and tracking physical VR tech equipment and components, including equipment loan outs
• Create and maintains various production documents, including department intranet pages, onboarding documents, training/how-to manuals, etc. Distributes weekly documents and reports
• Maintains mail aliases; crew, client and vendor contact lists
• Organizes ergo breaks, purchases craft service, and orders meals for meetings and overtime
• Handles purchase requests as needed
• Run VR product demos for internal and external parties, under direction of producers and studio management
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• At least one (1) year of production experience in Video Games, Software Development, Feature Animation, Visual FX, Animated Television, or applicable entertainment industries
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal)
• Strong organizational and computer skills
• Excellent time management with the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
• Ability to anticipate issues or concerns
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects, while meeting hard deadlines
• Must be willing to work adjusted hours when necessary
• Professional demeanor and ability to interact with employees at all levels of the company
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines
• Must possess attention to detail, follow through, and strong communication skills
• Experience or interest in the creation of VR and AR experiences
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.