Ilmxlab Gameplay Engineer / Programmer
Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Position at ILMxLAB
*Remote Work Option Available for the rest of 2020, with potential to relocate Bay Area where this role will eventually be based*
We’re on a mission: building the future. We’re working in this crazy-fun, hybridized fusion of entertainment where exceptionally high-end (previously pre-rendered) VFX meets interactive, immersive stories. That spectacular mash-up results in unparalleled real-time worlds where we endeavor to raise the bar for experiences and visuals as high as we possibly can. As if making compelling movies and games wasn’t hard enough in isolation! Don’t get us wrong, we’re not complaining about the challenges. That’s literally why we come to work: It is our great fortune to be standing at the crossroads - unconstrained by a specific title or universe - in a collaborative, highly creative and highly technical work environment. If that sounds interesting, jump in. We still believe in picking up hitchhikers.
Our team is growing. We are looking for talented, driven creative technologists to help design and build the next generation of immersive stories.
Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
• Design and implement solutions for gameplay mechanics, AI, player controls, animation, physics, and UI
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of artists and engineers in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
• Chief gameplay problem-solver and experience optimizer. You are user-focused. Find the fun. Please.
• Write polished, optimized, and documented code with an eye towards re-usability for multiple games
• Assist with R&D and rapid prototyping team as it relates to real-time production
• Assist in spec of development schedule and design specification, ensure implementation of experience matches design
• Identify risks for tech/development and proactively propose solutions
• Actively participate in the QA process to identify, triage and fix bugs
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or related discipline
• 4 years of game development experience as a Gameplay Programmer
• Extensive experience with C programming language, strong understanding of C# and C
• Strong familiarity with OOD principles
• Solid understanding of algorithms, physics and math
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong understanding of 3D modeling, texturing and animation
• Passionate about making and playing games
• Passionate about immersive experiences
• Extensive experience working with Unreal 4 or 3
• Experience working with Blueprints Visual Scripting
• Game design experience, (double bonus for multiplayer)
• Virtual or Augmented Reality development
• Experience integrating game audio libraries such as FMOD, Wwise, Miles
• Deep experience with one or more of the following – Rendering, Physics, Networking, Input Systems
• Unity and or Mobile game dev experience
• Willing to be a generalist when necessary, tackling general, editor, engine, builds or misc. tool tasks
• Agile development experience
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.