HR Manager, Australia
Industrial Light & MagicSydney, NS
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The HR Manager is responsible for human resources including payroll for the studio. This role is instrumental in assisting in building out the studio along with providing support, guidance and coaching on all HR areas. You will drive the deployment of both strategic and operational HR practices and programs within the studio.
• Serves as HR Business partner to leadership and managers. Provides direction and coaching on HR programs, policies and processes, including performance management, compensation, talent retention, learning and development, and Talent planning to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
• In partnership with ILM and Disney Operations team, leads and manage HR operational functions including benefits, onboarding/offboarding, talent workflow, immigration, relocation and transfers, HR policy and procedures and compliance
• Drives rollout plans with client groups for company-wide HR initiatives.
• Assists in designing and implementing HR solutions to business strategies, initiatives and challenges
• Develops thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion.
• Partners with compensation team to manage pay for performance program including annual merit review, bonus, promotions and out of cycle requests.
• Acts as a resource to employees, including providing coaching and employee relations support
• Manages the processing of monthly payroll in partnership with the local vendor
• Administers day-to-day personnel changes including using various systems to update information, communicate changes, and direct HRIS in processing the changes.
• Works with the Studio leadership resolve employee relations issues.
• Oversees the project employee renewal process including extensions, tracking of exit dates, database input, reporting, and status communication with management.
• In partnership with facilities manage the OH&S program to ensure alignment to legal requirements
• Partner with regional and global teams on all training needs and requirements
• Participates as a member of the ILM HR Team, including involvement in team meetings, learning opportunities and team-building activities.
• Performs special projects as needed on an on-going basis.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience - 10 years experience in Human Resources, at least 2 years in a management or HRB role
• Experience in both startups and large organizations and in entertainment /creative industry preferred.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and understand cultural differences.
• Strong customer service skills, preferably in a creative, production or entertainment industry environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills (both oral and written).
• Proven ability to interact effectively within the department, across and outside the organization.
• Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively as part of a team, and independently where assigned.
• Strong working knowledge of Australian employment law
• Prior experience using payroll systems preferred (ADP, SAP, Workday).
• Excellent computer skills. Strong Word, Excel, Power Point, gmail suites, HRIS systems and database knowledge required.
• Strong analytical, presentation and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations effectively and professionally.
• Ability to multi-task and Strong self-directed work ethic.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking an HR Manager to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.