Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/22/2022 5:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Generalist Supervisor jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Generalist Supervisor postings
Full Time Job
ILM San Francisco has been creating mind-blowing, cutting-edge Visual Effects for over 40 years. We are looking for a Generalist Supervisor to join our award-winning team.
The Generalist Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of their show team, ensuring that all the work is created according to the approved designs and visual style. They themselves have a high level of skill in creating photo-real environments and landscapes.
What You'll Do
• Create beautiful original work quickly using live action footage, digital still photography, rendered computer graphic elements, and digital paint in a variety of software packages.
• Interpret and implement feedback with little-to-no supervisor direction.
• Supervise your Generalist team (internally and globally) to deliver the expected and desired work for the show on time.
• Review the work of each artist on a regular basis, approving shots and elements for submission to the director. Mentor and support Apprentice and Jr. Artists and assist them with their shots
• Work with your sequence Lead to test out tools and techniques before rolling out to artists.
• Attend bidding sessions with Production and provide precise and accurate bids
• Actively participate in the recruiting and staffing of the Generalist team
• Collaborate with Talent management to guide artists' overall professional development, providing performance feedback, mentoring and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew
What We're Looking For
• At least 5 years of relevant professional VFX experience and a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography; OR
• At least 7 years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
• Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting, or compositing
• Excellent communication and team-orientated thinking.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new software.
• Fluent in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3dsmax, Maya, Houdini, a ray trace renderer and 2d compositing software. Comparable software experience considered
• Good working knowledge of specialist tools and plugins like Multiscatter, Speedtree, etc.
• • •