Executive VFX Producer
Industrial Light & MagicVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Executive Producer is responsible for overseeing a portfolio of shows in the Vancouver studio in addition to serving as the key client contact for shows hubbed in Vancouver. Brings production oversight throughout all phases of projects, providing guidance and support to the teams involved. Engages in marketing and new business activities for the Vancouver Studio. Forges and nurtures key client relationships.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for overseeing assigned shows in the ILM Vancouver portfolio.
• Responsible for budgets, schedules and general strategy for executing assigned shows on time and on budget.
• Supports show leadership in managing client conflict and expectations.
• Responsible for EFCs for assigned projects.
• Works with the show producers and production accountant to provide studio management with early, consistent and accurate EFC reporting.
• Attends weekly Portfolio meetings and presents EFCs for assigned shows.
• Brings production issues to the attention of the EIC, Creative Director and VP, Marketing & Production.
• Conducts mid production and post show reviews; participates in show post mortems with show leadership, EIC and Creative Director.
• Key point of contact/escalation for EPs and Hub Producers in other ILM Studios.
• Supports and promotes ILMs best practices across ILM Vancouver portfolio.
• Works closely with Talent Management to understand Strategic Capacity issues and opportunities.
• Works closely with Talent Management to help solve in-studio resource conflicts.
• Works with Global EPs, Global EICs and VP Marketing & Production to solve global resource conflicts.
Responsible for Managing Producers and Associate Producers:
• Recruitment of new production team members (Senior Producers, Producers, Associate Producers)
• Performance reviews;
• Performance management (working closely with HR)
• Casting production crew to projects
• Mentoring, training and development
• In conjunction with Creative Director, meets with clients early in each assigned project to establish and/or renew relationships
• Point of escalation for clients;
• Resolves client issues in consultation with Creative Director, Director of Production and Global Production Executives.
• Alongside the Creative Director, serves as ILM Vancouver’s primary contact for film-makers and studios of assigned shows in production and bidding.
New Business & Marketing:
• Key participant in global marketing meetings.
• Key participant in discussions around improving efficiency and cost competitiveness.
• Oversees all bids generated by ILM Vancouver. Reviews bids and bid letters and presents to Executives at SMR.
• Plays a proactive role in marketing ILMs services to the industry;
• Stays informed as to new developments in the ‘local’ film industry and VFX community.
Oversight of all show budgets
Key Peers or Relationships
EIC, Vancouver, Creative Director; Director, Production; Global Exec Producers Global EICs; Global Creative Directors
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• 10 years hands-on digital production experience.
• Proven track record of successfully working in Visual Effects Producer capacity on several major productions at a facility (6 years).
• Proven track record in bidding and client management.
• Must have a specific understanding of visual effects techniques, scheduling and throughput.
• Strong production and technology knowledge required.
• Proven track record of fiscal responsibility.
• Must be a compelling communicator with a strong point of view and a proven ability to influence others through diplomacy. Must be able to articulate ideas effectively.
• Strong communication, listening and people skills are essential. Must be an outstanding people manager/supervisor, mentor and collaborator.
• Must be a fearless decision maker who will use strong follow through to ensure the long term success of ILM Vancouver’s committed plans.
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.