Industrial Light & MagicLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 7/17/2023 10:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Environment Supervisor jobs in London-UK
Search all Environment Supervisor postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for an Environment Supervisor who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM. The Environment Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the work of the environments team, building photoreal, published CG environments for use across the pipeline. Works closely with the Leadership Team (VFX Supe, Producer, CG Supe, Comp Supe) to define the creative vision, plan the technical approach, implement and deliver the Environments work on a project(s). Also partners with Creative and Technical Departments to create stunning, photoreal environments for a variety of projects including Film and Episodic.
What You'll Do
Work in collaboration with the Show Leadership Team (Exec Prod, Producer, PM, VFX Supe, CG Supe, Anim Supe) to:
• Manage Clients needs, expectations and aspirations to deliver the highest quality work, on time and to budget.
• Implement the agreed methodology yet remain agile enough to adjust the plan where and when needed
• Be aware of the impact creative decisions have on a show's schedule & budget, and be willing to change the creative choices, when possible, to stay on schedule budget.
• Know the limitations of their knowledge (e.g., technical, aesthetic, client-handling skills, etc.) and seek expert advice when appropriate.
Work in collaboration with the Talent Team to:
• Foster a respectful and cooperative dynamic within the team
• Demonstrate empathy and understanding to different experiences and backgrounds to foster new perspectives and ideas
• Empower team members to collaborate inclusively and build community and a sense of belonging
• Serve as a role model and mentor for and within the department
• Supervise an environments team towards the creation of published CG environments that meet required visual and technical standards and are delivered on time.
• Review the work of your team, giving feedback and approving submissions for dailies.
• Provide technical support for your team, communicating any software issues to the developers.
• Provide mentorship and support for junior artists.
• Work closely with other departments to ensure published environments function as required in the pipeline
• Work with the lighting department to ensure environments render efficiently and without errors.
• Work with production to establish milestones and targets, and with the team to ensure targets are met.
• Attend bidding sessions with production and provide bids for environment work.
• Work with the CG Supervisor to determine the appropriate skillset and experience levels for the environment team on your project.
• Participates in the supervision and direction of a variety of administrative and personnel decisions and responsibilities including: recruitment, determination of work procedures and priorities, career development, employee morale, performance reviews and conflict resolution.
• Collaborates with the Talent manager with the employee review process and the scheduling of personnel on shows, providing input on skills, productivity, and career development.
• Responsible for honest, timely feedback to Environment crew members
• Assists in the design and execution of training for the Environments discipline.
• Works with the Talent Manager on defining the on-going recruitment needs of the department and is involved in the interview process for Environments candidates.
• Work with your global counterparts/head of department to drive the development of tools, standards and processes.
• Working with Talent Management to mentor potential supervisory up-and-coming talent.
• Provide clear, concise and timely feedback for colleagues and peers in other departments.
• Contribute to the documentation for tools and processes.
• Test new tools and offer feedback to the developers.
What We're Looking For
• Proven track record leading teams, building complex, photorealistic CG landscapes
• Experience managing a team, supporting artists technically and creatively
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with procedural set dressing and scattering systems, including layout
• Familiarity with 3D asset creation
• Strong understanding of visual language - texture, color, dimension, scale, perspective, lighting, shade, composition depth of field, proportion, etc
• Technically proficient, self-motivated, proactive, and enjoys problem solving
• Collaborative, team-player attitude: open and receptive to new ideas, constructive criticism, direction and changes
• Excellent time keeping skills, attention to targets and deadlines
We hope that you have
• Experience with Houdini
• Experience working with photogrammetry
• Experience with Katana
• Experience with RIS
• Experience with 2.5D projection techniques in Nuke or similar packages
• Experience with scripting/automation
• Basic lighting skills
• • •