Industrial Light & MagicLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Environment Artists work closely with multiple departments to conceptualise, model, set dress, texture and look-dev published environments for use across the pipeline. Build on related concept art and photographic references to bring the concept to life. Partner with creative and technical departments to create stunning, photoreal environments for both film and episodic projects.
What you'll do:
• Responsible for creating 3D environments, both photorealistic and stylized.
• Performing layout and set dressing of environments using 3D assets.
• Ensuring published environments function correctly in the pipeline.
• Work with the lighting department to ensure environments render efficiently and without errors.
• Creation of individual assets including modelling, texturing, look dev, and publishing.
• Sourcing suitable reference materials for required assets.
• Responsible for presenting lit and shaded environments for feedback.
• Working with lead environment artists to address any creative or technical feedback.
• Participating in team reviews of work under development.
• Meeting defined milestones within a timeline by attending dailies and participating in creative problem-solving.
What we're looking for:
• Proven track record contributing to photorealistic CG landscapes.
• Proficiency with procedural set dressing and scattering systems, including Layout,
• Familiarity with 3D asset creation.
• Strong understanding of visual language - texture, colour, dimension, scale, perspective, lighting, shade, composition depth of field, proportion, etc.
• Technically proficient, self-motivated, proactive, and enjoys problem-solving.
• Collaborative, team-player attitude: open and receptive to new ideas, constructive criticism, direction and changes.
• Excellent time keeping skills, attention to targets and deadlines
• Experience with Houdini
• Experience working with photogrammetry.
• Experience with Katana.
• Experience with 2.5D projection techniques in Nuke or similar packages.
• Experience with scripting/automation.
• Basic lighting skills.
• • •