Core VFX Pipeline Developer, United Kingdom
Industrial Light & MagicLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Production engineering is a globally distributed team that develops tools and workflows which act as the foundational infrastructure for ILM’s other departments. As a member of PE’s media team, your focus will be on the software and pipelines that ILM uses:
• Ingest media from our clients, such as plates, reference imagery, and media from client side editorial
• Process and package finished work for delivery back to our clients
• Process, track, and review media generated internally by our artists
• Keep our internal editorial data in sync with client side editorial
The Core Engineer is responsible for developing aspects of these pipelines both alone or as part of a team.
• Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computing science or graphics discipline, or equivalent professional experience
Required Technical Skills
• Good knowledge of python programming in the linux environment
• Good knowledge of C
• Experience working with revision control systems and defined coding standards
• Experience with video encoding and color management in Vfx, animation, or commercial production
• Expert knowledge of developing tools and/or plugins within industry software packages such as Rv, nuke, and avid media composer
• In-depth knowledge of open standards such as Opencolorio, Openimageio, ffmpeg
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.