Industrial Light & MagicMumbai, MH
Full Time Job
Compositor (all levels)
*We are hiring at all levels for this discipline (Supervisor, Lead, Senior, Mid, Junior)*
The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Mumbai studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company's five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless partnership on all projects.
As we grow ILM Mumbai, we are seeking a Compositor to join as one of the first members of the team and be a part of building the studio and its technology infrastructure.
The Compositor will combine live action and computer-generated elements into visual effects shots to realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. They will also manage the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
In order to be considered for this position you must provide a link to your reel along with a detailed shot breakdown.
What You'll Do
• Alongside the Compositing Supervisor and VFX Supervisor, evaluate creative and technical approach for assigned shots
• Perform all tasks associated with the Compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and colour grading on moderately difficult to very difficult shots
• Maintain the overall look, colour balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work
What We're Looking For
• Ability to work collaboratively with artists from other disciplines
• Strong knowledge of Nuke
• Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color
• Self-sufficient and able to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines
• Strong sense of composition, color and design
• Preferred Skills / Competencies:
• The ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting
• Familiarity with using Unix systems preferred
• Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus
• Python and/or C++ experience a plus
• At least 3 years relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, at least 5 years relevant professional VFX experience
• • •