Compositor, United Kingdom
Industrial Light & MagicLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Compositor combines live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realise the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The Compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
• Together with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots;
• Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including: 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and colour grading on moderately difficult to difficult shots;
• Maintain the overall look, colour balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work;
• Ability to work collaboratively with Artists from other disciplines.
• BA in Computer Graphics or equivalent experience
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to write Nuke scripts and/or plugins is a plus
• Python and/or C experience a plus
• Strong knowledge of Nuke
• Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color
• Strong sense of composition, color and design
• Familiarity with using Unix systems
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.