Compositing Jedi Academy
Industrial Light & MagicVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 6/5/2023 9:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Compositing Jedi Academy jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Compositing Jedi Academy postings
Full Time Job
Compositing - Jedi Academy (Open to Canadian Citizens & PR only)
Are you a recent graduate looking to get your foot in the door in the exciting world of VFX, but not sure where to start? ILM's Jedi Academy may be just the thing for you!
The Jedi Academy offers a two-month placement to current-year graduating students or artists with one to two years experience in VFX. The Jedi Academy provides the opportunity for graduating artists to learn from highly skilled senior artists in the discipline of Compositing.
In this paid experience, successful applicants will be carefully placed into the compositing discipline and will provide entry-level support to that team. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to gain experience in a live production environment through training, mentorship, and real shot-work experience in a fast-paced and highly collaborative production environment.
To top it off, graduates who successfully complete the program may be offered a Junior Artist position within the studio.
We are looking for an artist who reflects the creative talent and passion for great filmmaking that defines ILM.
What You'll Do
Working in a fast-paced production environment, the Jedi Academy artists will partner with more senior artists and may:
• Work with the Compositing Supervisor or Lead, and with the help of a Senior/Lead Compositor, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots
• Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and colour grading on moderately difficult shots
• Maintain the overall look, colour balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work
• Work with artists from other disciplines
What We're Looking For
Applicants must provide proof of long-term eligibility to work in Canada. We do not provide assistance for relocation, housing, transportation, or work authorization for the Jedi Academy. Applicants must be Canadian citizens or hold Canadian Permanent Resident status.
Applicants must have graduated from a relevant course within the last 12 months or have one to two years of VFX experience.
• Knowledge of Nuke
• Good aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and colour
• Familiarity with using Unix systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities is important
• Good time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize
• Ability to work autonomously and in team settings
• Nice to have:
• Passionate about film and visual effects production and technology
• Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins
• Python and/or C++ experience
• • •