Bidding Producer, United Kingdom
Industrial Light & MagicLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and storyboards. Partner with Key Creatives to develop the approach for creating the effects work and create competitive bids according to the needs of the clients and to fulfill the collective global vision.
• Hold Bid Kick-off Meetings to discuss capacity plan, show leadership, coordinated testing and artwork, deadlines, fiscal targets, contacts and deadlines.
• Generate visual effects cost estimates in collaboration with supervisors and lead artists.
• Write client bid letters and other documents required.
• Review and analyze bids for methodology relative to historical averages and for quality assurance in each aspect of the bid.
• Review bid letters. Follow bids through bidding phases to assure proper documentation of key assumptions and subsequent document requirements.
• Provide information to overall bidding calendar/schedule with key dates and deadlines and bid review schedules.
• Strategize about the placement of work across the Global Studios and Third Party Partners. Work with Capacity Producer to evaluate Global Studio capacity. Work with Talent Managers for short term capacity evaluation.
• Maintain a strong understanding of tax incentives in various geographies.
• Participate in Marketing and Capacity meetings.
• Consult with R&D regarding new development items needed for upcoming work.
• Communicate with Media Operations regarding the status and technical requirements of shows in bid. Provide data to inform their technical resource forecasting. Receive data pertaining to projects with exceptional technical resource requirements for cost estimating and documenting in the bids.
• Attend meetings that shape the global vision of our studios. Meetings may include: studio specific marketing meetings to discuss new business pitches, coordinating efforts between studio, talent capacity and what work to target for each studio, and current bid status; to integrate the planning into the bidding stages; strategy meetings with , Global Studio to discuss Producer and production management capacity.
• Meet with Producers during and after a production to gather actualized information about production methodology to better inform future bidding.
• Work with Production Accounting to generate consistent post show data.
Key Peers or Relationships
Production, Key Creatives, Clients, Production Accounting and Technology.
, Experience and Skills/Competencies
• Must have proven experience as a VFX Producer including significant experience in providing detailed and accurate bids.
• Previous experience in a VFX Bidding Producer role is a plus.
• Must possess very strong organisational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to write memos and emails in an accurate, articulate, and persuasive manner.
• An understanding of ILM production processes is a plus.
• Must have a proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must be detail oriented and have experience performing complex analysis and reporting.
• Must be able to manage sensitive and confidential situations effectively and professionally.
• Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively as part of a team, and independently where assigned.
• Proven ability to think critically and anticipate potential situations.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.