Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/8/2023 12:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Animator jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Animator postings
Full Time Job
Animators create high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
What You'll Do
• Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project
• Collaborates with team members in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
• Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
• Expected to ''mentor'' entry level Animators and must be able to support and assist them with their shots.
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation
• Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to support the animation team
What We're Looking For
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent in traditional Animation and 3 years experience, or at least 5 years of experience working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation.
• Expert understanding of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
• Ability to take on a delegated task with a gentle supervision.
• Good organization and communication skills
• Proficiency with Linux desired. Expert understanding of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
In San Francisco:
The hiring range for Jr Animator is $57,500 to $71,900 per year.
The hiring range for Animator is $90,400 to $113,000 per year.
The hiring range for Sr Animator is $113,300 to $141,600 per year.
The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
• • •