Industrial Light & MagicSydney, NS
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking an Animation Supervisor to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity. The Animation Supervisor works with directors in determining the creative and aesthetic approach to the animation. They also maintain the character performance direction and review the animation to deliver the expected and desired performance.
• Supervises and reviews the animation submissions to deliver the expected and desired performance and footage quotas.
• Works closely with director in determining the creative and aesthetic approach to the animation.
• Ensures and maintaining the quality and style of the character performance and acting continuity across the project.
• Responsible for reviewing the work of the animation teams on a regular basis and approving shot for submission.
• Provides input for the technical setup of the models to be animated
• Provide those engaged in the character rigging process with constructive feedback on performance specific requirements so as to ensure consistency and avoid production issues.
• Assess the work of prospective animation candidates for the hiring process and work with Production Management on hiring decisions.
• Provide input to formalize training and mentoring of animators to ensure all crew members are appropriately skilled and production-ready.
• Provides input on the mentoring and training of the animation crew in performing tasks relative to the overall professional development of the animators. This includes handling performance review processes and performance management issues.
• Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to assist the animation team.
• At least eight years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least 10 years of relevant professional VFX experience
• Proven track record of successfully working in a supervisory or consulting capacity on several animation productions
/ Technical Competencies
• Must have an extremely creative and critical eye for guiding the quality of the animation.
• Must be a skilled decision maker, problem solver and an exceptional communicator.
• Expert knowledge of various software applications. Maya is a necessity. Technical expertise is a plus.
• Must be able to communicate to the animation crew and production team accurately and effectively.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.