Associate, HR Business Partner
Industrial Light & Magic (Vancouver) Inc.Vancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 6/29/2021 9:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Associate, HR Business Partner jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Associate, HR Business Partner postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate, HR Business Partner?
Full Time Job
The Associate HR Business Partner role is the first point of contact for day-to-day employee inquiries. This role coordinates and project manages various HR programs and initiatives. This role is also responsible for administrative human resources related activity in support of Lucasfilm-ILM and is a the liaison between Lucasfilm-ILM and Disney Studio Administration. This includes, but is not limited to, SAP coordination, report generation, new hire orientations and local HR special programs.. This role will perform other HR Generalist and related work as assigned.
Employee Relations Investigations
• Conducting employee relations investigations for lower level infractions and working with Director and Manager and Disney Studio ER team on resolutions and outcomes
• Manages the headcount tracking and request process for ILM Globally. Works with each Studio and overhead functions such as Technology and IT to process headcount transfers, changes, additions, etc.
• Manages the exit process for outgoing employees including data tracking, reporting, paperwork preparation, and scheduling and conducting exit interviews. Maintains weekly exit reports.
• Manages the project employee renewal process including extensions, tracking of exit dates, database input, reporting, and status communication with management.
• Notification of all new hires to Disney Global HR Ops in a timely fashion. Ensure position assignment is accurate and data syncing between Disney and Lucasfilm is functioning as expected.
• Facilitation of data change requests to Studio Org Mgmt, such as cost center updates, manager/title changes, employee transfers and corrective actions.
• Generation of weekly and ad hoc reports as requested.
• Process off-cycle and bonus check requests as needed.
• Perform regular audit of data to ensure SAP data requests have been completed.
• First responder to questions sent to the Lucas Benefits mailbox and voicemail.
• Key contact for employees and managers if Disney/SAP issues are identified and require further escalation. Track all escalated issues and follow-up with Disney Studio Administration or other parties following issues through to resolution while maintaining effective communication with all affected stakeholders.
• Provide historical HR and Payroll data for employees, third-party requestors and Disney
• Backup to HR Specialist and HR Business Partners
• Maintain hard and soft copy personnel files.
HR Special Programs
• Assist in the coordination of Lucasfilm-specific benefit programs, such as onsite banking, wellness events, onsite childcare, flu shots, special discount programs, etc.
• Assist Disney Benefits with onsite events such as Wellness Fair, biometric screenings, educational campaigns, commuter assistance.
• Track service dates and assist PR with logistics for annual service awards.
New Hire Orientation
• Coordinate new hire paperwork collection and submission to Disney Global HR Ops.
• Facilitate NHO and Disney Hub training.
• Calendar Benefits Orientation webinars for new hires
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Reporting writing experience a plus
• SAP experience a plus
• Positive, service-oriented attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Proactive / excellent follow-through
• Presentation skills / poise
• Maturity / discretion in handling sensitive/confidential issues
• Ability to work well independently and with a team
• 2-4 years' experience in Human Resources
• B.A. in HR-related field
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Industrial Light & Magic (Vancouver) Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.