Social Media Manager
IndiewireLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
IndieWire is hiring a Los Angeles-based Social Media Manager to maintain and expand the brand’s suite of social media accounts and help hone the brand’s visual style. This role requires a social media-savvy individual with sharp writing ability, knowledge of the Film and TV industries and related trends, and graphic design skills.
You will assist the Social Media Editor in supporting IndieWire on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other channels. You’ll pitch creative ideas for interactive social initiatives and story promotion, pick up news stories in real time to share on social, and design graphics to better communicate stories.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can convey the tone and flavor of the IndieWire brand and understands inherent objectives of marketing copy and sponsorship deliverables. This role will report into the Senior Manager, Marketing.
• Write, edit, and schedule IndieWire.com content across the brand’s social media accounts
• Pitch ideas for engaging content rollouts
• Use social insights to pitch editorial content that could acquire audience or deepen brand loyalty
• Identify news pegs and opportunities to promote archival news stories, interviews, and videos
• Share in ideation and establishment of brand, creating signature visuals and distinct voice
• Curate images for site articles
• Draft copy for social posts, marketing campaigns, and more
• Design graphics for site articles, social posts, and more
• Track and analyze data analytics by social platform, identifying testing opportunities
• Contribute to marketing campaigns beyond social media
• Strong ability to discern content reception
• Additional duties as assigned by the direct manager
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
• 3-4 years of experience in social media
• 3-4 years of graphic design experience
• Deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Experience with Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Later preferred
• Work nights and weekends to cover awards shows, breaking news, and live events.
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media and audience acquisition.
• Proven ability to grow a loyal following on social media.
• Graphic design portfolio
• Demonstrated taste and judgment
• An eye for aesthetics to strengthen IndieWire’s visual brand
• Interest in all facets of the entertainment business, from upcoming releases to key executives
• Knowledge of online culture and humor
• Able to quickly engage with trending topics
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
For over 25 years, IndieWire has been covering the business and art of entertainment. With the respect of film and TV creators, executives, and passionate fans alike, IndieWire is known for being ahead of the curve with a unique editorial voice that combines in-depth industry reporting and analysis, breaking news, and its best-in-class Oscars, Emmys, and crafts coverage. IndieWire began in July 1996 as an online chat room and evolved to become one of the earliest online entertainment news outlets. As IndieWire grew, its coverage expanded beyond film festivals and the independent film industry to include all aspects of Hollywood and the expanding universes of TV and streaming and has continued to do so since being acquired by Penske Media Corp. in 2016.
About Penske Media Corporation:
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit? www.PMC.com.?