Senior Manager, Marketing
IndiewireLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
IndieWire: Senior Manager, Marketing
IndieWire is hiring a Senior Manager of Marketing who can create custom partnership solutions and lead brand strategy. Candidate must be confident collaborating with a variety of internal teams, working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects daily. This role is equal parts strategic, creative and execution oriented. This role can be based in either NYC or Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate is passionate about film and TV, with a marketing background in entertainment.
• Conceptualize and execute innovative marketing solutions for original IndieWire editorial content, franchises, custom content, and live media
• Guide audience growth for all IndieWire original and custom content
• Collaborate with internal teams (sales, edit, video, product) to create design and product solutions that reflect the voice and value of the IndieWire brand.
• Oversee a calendar of ambitious projects that can be delivered at a regular cadence throughout the year
• Oversee creation of media kits, award season decks, client pitch decks, and campaign wrap reports.
• Collaborate with social team to increase impact of IndieWire’s social campaigns and executions
• Work with internal teams to request and implement deliverable assets, budgets, research, etc.
• Aid in building proposals and in client presentations
• Leverage insights to create strategic brand partnerships that are creative and cost-effective
• Seeking 4-5 years’ experience in marketing in the entertainment industries
• Working knowledge of the digital advertising industry
• Ability to develop creative and unique opportunities to meet market demands
• Microsoft Office Suite Expert (PowerPoint and Excel)
• Excellent writing and presentation skills (e.g., grammar, structure, storytelling)
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Team-oriented – flexible, helpful and able to work well with others
• Solution-oriented – proactive problem solver, quick learner and strategic thinker
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a fast-paced work environment
• Passion for entertainment
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
For over 25 years, IndieWire has been covering the business and art of entertainment. With the respect of film and TV creators, executives, and passionate fans alike, IndieWire is known for being ahead of the curve with a unique editorial voice that combines in-depth industry reporting and analysis, breaking news, and its best-in-class Oscars, Emmys, and crafts coverage. IndieWire began in July 1996 as an online chat room and evolved to become one of the earliest online entertainment news outlets. As IndieWire grew, its coverage expanded beyond film festivals and the independent film industry to include all aspects of Hollywood and the expanding universes of TV and streaming and has continued to do so since being acquired by Penske Media Corp. in 2016.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. www.PMC.com.