Director Of Events
IndiewireLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
IndieWire seeks a Director of Events that will elevate IndieWire’s event opportunities by ideating, organizing and producing events (live and virtual) for our industry and consumer readerships.
This position will work to develop the overall event experience, production budgets and handle logistics from start to finish for each event across the Live Media team’s calendar.
The position requires superior organization, negotiation, writing and communication skills, as well as being able to manage resources and budgets effectively and creatively.
In this role you must be resourceful, a creative thinker, and an experienced event marketing professional. You must have strong hands-on experience planning and executing events in a variety of formats including consumer facing, industry summits, forums and private sponsored events.
This position reports to the Publisher & SVP.
Please provide a cover letter and resume when applying for this role.
• Deliver exceptional events, careful client service, and impeccable hospitality
• Plan and execute both virtual and in-person events ranging in scope from filmmaker dinners to film festival studios, FYC panels, private consumer screenings, and more
• Serve as the event project manager, executing logistics for all assigned events as well as the communications with internal team members and external partners
• Logistics include (but are not limited to): sourcing venues, F&B, rentals, A/V, etc., managing budgets and contracts, writing run-of-shows, overseeing production from load-in to break-down
• Innovate offerings and other ways to expand IndieWire’s Live Media business model
• Learn client objectives on an individual level; invent and pitch activations tailored to the client
• Create and execute paid and complimentary ticketing strategies towards stated audience goals
• Identify and cultivate relationships with venues, vendors, and freelancers
• Keep pulse on innovative client activations across both entertainment and consumer sectors
• Additional duties as assigned by the direct manager
• 8-10 years of experience with consumer brand partnerships or advertisers
• Willing and able to work nights and weekends around awards shows, breaking news, and other live events
• Attention to detail, a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, ability to quickly triage tasks and problem-solve
• Willing and able to travel to different cities
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Knowledge of the Film and TV landscape and respective industries
Typical wage range: $100k - $120k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, effective for this role July 1, 2023, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
For over 25 years, IndieWire has been covering the business and art of entertainment. With the respect of film and TV creators, executives, and passionate fans alike, IndieWire is known for being ahead of the curve with a unique editorial voice that combines in-depth industry reporting and analysis, breaking news, and its best-in-class Oscars, Emmys, and crafts coverage. IndieWire began in July 1996 as an online chat room and evolved to become one of the earliest online entertainment news outlets. As IndieWire grew, its coverage expanded beyond film festivals and the independent film industry to include all aspects of Hollywood and the expanding universes of TV and streaming and has continued to do so since being acquired by Penske Media Corp. in 2016.
About Penske Media Corporation:
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit?www.PMC.com.?