Associate Manager, Marketing
IndiewireNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/14/2022 4:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Associate Manager, Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Manager, Marketing postings
Full Time Job
IndieWire is seeking an agile Associate Manager, Marketing who will promote sales, live media, and editorial content.
The ideal candidate is a proactive learner with: (1) a grasp of basic storytelling principles and marketing strategies as well as (2) sense of the publishing, film and television landscapes. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Marketing.
• Drive traffic to (and deepen engagement with) IndieWire’s evergreen, awards, and daily coverage
• Help develop, execute and analyze editorial promotion plans that run across social, email, site, events, and more, connecting brand narrative on all touchpoints
• Liaise with partners at guilds, festivals, and film & TV membership organizations to develop audiences and activate for clients
• Draft marketing copy and curate images for social, email and more
• Grow IndieWire’s industry and consumer audiences; maintain invitation list health for live and virtual events
• Produce content for email, social, and more
• Draft pitch decks, recap decks, and more for clients
• Run brand tests, finding ways to hone and elevate the IndieWire brand
• Distribute surveys to readers and live media attendees
• Parse audience data for answers to stakeholder questions
• Additional duties as assigned by the direct manager
• 2-3 years of experience in marketing, ideally in entertainment or publishing
• Willing to occasionally work outside normal office hours for live events (awards shows, film festivals, etc.) or breaking news
• Strong ability to discern content reception
• Understanding of project scope (how small details contribute to overall goals)
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Understanding of the IndieWire brand
Typical wage range: $65k - $70k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
For over 25 years, IndieWire has been covering the business and art of entertainment. With the respect of film and TV creators, executives, and passionate fans alike, IndieWire is known for being ahead of the curve with a unique editorial voice that combines in-depth industry reporting and analysis, breaking news, and its best-in-class Oscars, Emmys, and crafts coverage. IndieWire began in July 1996 as an online chat room and evolved to become one of the earliest online entertainment news outlets. As IndieWire grew, its coverage expanded beyond film festivals and the independent film industry to include all aspects of Hollywood and the expanding universes of TV and streaming and has continued to do so since being acquired by Penske Media Corp. in 2016.
About Penske Media Corporation:
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit? www.PMC.com.?