Fall Paid Intern - Basketball Operations
Indiana PacersIndianapolis, IN
This was removed by the employer on 9/15/2021 11:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Fall Paid Intern - Basketball Operations jobs in Indianapolis-IN
Search all Fall Paid Intern - Basketball Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Fall Paid Intern - Basketball Operations?
Part Time Paid Internship
This is a FOR-CREDIT paid internship. ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS WHO ARE ABLE TO RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT WILL BE CONSIDERED. If you are unsure of your ability to receive college credit, it is your responsibility to contact an academic advisor regarding your ability to receive college credit prior to moving forward as a candidate for this position.
Pacers Basketball is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual who is passionate about basketball, and is able to obtain college credit in exchange for this internship. Experience in the sports industry is not required but is a plus. The Basketball Operations Intern will work directly with the Indiana Pacers Basketball Operations department to assist the basketball division with daily administrative duties, including but not limited to: compiling and distributing daily news briefs, picking up and delivery express mail packages, sorting mail, stocking supplies, keeping departmental logs, assisting with draft and free agency, researching trends and providing analysis, updating salary cap sheets, entering data into the personnel database, helping prepare for the Pacers season and training camp, maintaining league-wide depth charts and roster boards, as well as additional duties as assigned by the Basketball Operations staff. This position will report directly to the Coordinator of Basketball Operations and is primarily responsible for assisting the Operations/Administration, Executive and Scouting departments, while some projects will require the intern to work with other departments.
• Assisting with administrative needs (i.e. scheduling, filing, distributing supplies, assembling jobs, generating daily reports, and other assignments to ensure daily operations in the basketball facility run smoothly.)
• Assisting with executive needs (i.e. escorting guests, transporting of players, travel arrangements, restocking cabinets, etc.)
• Assisting the scouting department with schedule planning, draft preparation, statistical research and analysis.
• Help maintain the integrity of the basketball division's data including daily and periodic cleaning, maintenance, updating, and management of team databases.
• Assisting the other departments as needed - Training, Player Relations, Coaching, Video, Analytics, etc.
• May be required to operate a company vehicle in order to complete internship tasks (a valid Driver's License is required).
• Nurture internal & external reporting procedures to back up the Basketball Operations Department.
• Learn about the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the NBA Salary Cap.
• Foster strong communication techniques and relationships primarily with the Basketball Division staff in all positions.
• Periodically assist department staff on game day duties as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must obtain course credit from an accredited college/university!
• An excellent and positive attitude with an outstanding work ethic.
• Ability to work on projects independently and maintain confidential information.
• Vast knowledge of basketball.
• Excellent written and verbal skills, and be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a timely manner, while communicating with your supervisor often.
• Willing and able to work a flexible schedule.
• Maintain a professional image at all times in the workplace.
• Organizing skills with a robust attention to detail in regards to both checking data and visual presentation of project deliverables.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
• Meaningful work experience in sports.
• Familiarity with the NBA and a passion for basketball.
To perform this job as effectively and efficiently as possible, an individual must carry out each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above represent the knowledge, skill and ability we require of this intern position.
This intern should have a comprehensive understanding of Adobe Acrobat, Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite products such as Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel; and the Internet, as well as the ability to a learn and utilize new computer programs quickly and efficiently. Previous experience working with software like Synergy.com, RealGM.com, and/or the NBA League Office portal (i.e. PCMS, Team Apps, etc.) is helpful but not required.
This position is a paid internship open to those who can still acquire college course credit. The internship takes place in Indianapolis, IN and any relocation/moving expenses are the responsibility of the intern. The intern will work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime as business needs require. All interviews will be conducted via phone and/or Skype, so please be sure to provide accurate contact information on your application and resume.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and communicate findings in an organized and easy to understand summary. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
Problem Solving Requirements:
This intern must deal with various internal and external constituents to tackle problems and deliver projects on time with accuracy, integrity, and with outstanding customer service and a positive energy.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to optimally perform the job requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these critical duties and tasks.
While fulfilling tasks related to the internship, the intern is regularly required to sit at a desk for extended periods of time, stand, walk, and climb stairs and shall be able to exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, use a computer, use a 10-key calculator, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the required tasks duties as the intern, the noise level in the office work environment is usually low to moderate, while the Fieldhouse during a game is typically loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.