Fever Assistant Coach
Indiana FeverIndianapolis, IN
This was removed by the employer on 2/14/2021 5:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Fever Assistant Coach jobs in Indianapolis-IN
Search all Fever Assistant Coach postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Fever Assistant Coach? SUMMARY:
This position requires a highly self-motivated individual who shows initiative and a strong work ethic to manage day-to-day coaching and scouting functions for the Indiana Fever team. This person will report directly to the Head Coach and will coordinate and assist in management and recruitment of players. This coach will also organize one on one workouts, assist with practices and help with on bench direction during games.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with scouting players and coordinate with staff on watching games via satellite, internet, television, and other social media outlets.
• Provide scouting reports, miscellaneous reports, scheduling, etc. with direction from the Head Coach
• Ability to provide knowledge on the various offensive & defensive strategies
• Assist on the court whether passing, defending, playing, etc.
• Help coordinate and conduct pre and post practice workouts
• Scout opponents and be able to produce own scouting videos using Synergy, Hudl, Fast Draw and Fast Scout software
• Able to work with Athletic trainer in assisting agility, conditioning, and strength training workouts
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree is essential. Master's Degree preferred. Professional coaching experience in addition to college or similar coaching experience preferred. Must have a demonstrated ability to lead and supervise the team efficiently.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills with strong leadership skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Coaches, GM, Players and Media. Ability to multitask with a proven championship caliber mentality. Self-disciplined, motivator and a good decision maker. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as figuring statistics. Ability to look at salaries and assist with financial scenario planning for the future.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Employee must make independent decisions regarding prioritizing workload, and organizing and planning recording of games. Employee must use discretion to pull specific clips from game tapes for review.
PHYSICAL and ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
• Use computer
• Speak, hear and write
Employee should have a knowledge of Excel, Lotus, Windows, Microsoft Word, and in-house editing and statistical software and hardware.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which could include evenings, weekends and possibly holidays. Travel required.
• The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
• The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
• The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.