Series Production Manager
Independent Television ServiceSan Francisco, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Series Production Manager jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Series Production Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Series Production Manager? Summary
This role partners with and supports the Independent Lens (IL) production team to deliver high quality documentary programming to PBS. The person in this role will report to the Vice President of Production, responsibilities include: supporting Independent Lens series; collaborating with various departments, PBS and outside vendors; ensuring work goals are in alignment with ITVS' overall content strategy; being an expert and sharing knowledge in the areas of PBS Underwriting and Funding approvals, PBS crediting approvals, FCC actionable content, packaging, and the delivery of episodes to PBS.
• Promote and model high performance and a commitment to quality, demonstrate the highest professional standards.
• Maintain internal and external communications and relationships with integrity.
• Work collaboratively with ITVS's Production & Programming, Audience Development, and Business and Legal Affairs teams to align production and delivery needs using agreed upon processes, procedures and shared goals.
PBS Approvals, Delivery, and Packaging Responsibilities
• Work under the supervision of the ITVS VP of Production and IL Executive Producer.
• Work with the IL Series Producer and Associate Producer who is responsible for the delivery of all Independent Lens programs from ITVS to PBS.
• Work with ITVS Supervising Producers and independent filmmakers to ensure the successful execution of film deliverables, including those involving rights & clearances, funding, and crediting.
• Submit and manage PBS approval of packaging and delivery elements such as Opening Credits, End Credits, Special Thanks, Funders, etc. and oversee edits of new credit sequences based on approved lists.
• Flag cuts for FCC actionable content with meticulous attention to detail.
• Package and deliver 8 to 12 Independent Lens episodes to PBS during a 5-month period from November 2020 to March 30, 2021.
• Work with contracted vendors outside ITVS including post-production facilities, editors, translators, etc. to create packaging elements.
• Assist Series Producer in the delivery, approvals and packaging of ''filler'' content on select episodes, if needed.
• Work collaboratively with ITVS Creative Director, ITVS Post Production Supervisor, and ITVS Editor(s) who create and deliver IL Top of Show tease.
• Enter episode timings, credits and technical data into PBS's program system and generate media inventory forms.
• With Series Producer, serve as a liaison between ITVS and PBS.
• With Series Producer, serve as a liaison between ITVS and filmmakers.
• Provide production expertise to ITVS colleagues, as needed.
• Mentor and share knowledge with staff across the organization.
• Other duties may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
• A commitment to social impact work and engagement in a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
• Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ''can do'' attitude; superior telephone etiquette, verbal and written communication skills; committed to offering a high level of customer service.
• Creative with a flexible mind-set; open to new ideas and practices.
• Adaptable to a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
• Ability to stay focused, highly organized, knows how to meet deadlines and pay close attention to details.
• Proactive and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks.
• Can work on multiple projects quickly and efficiently while under pressure.
• Willing to support leadership's decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner. Great sense of humor is helpful too!
• Enjoys working as a team member as well as independently.
• Required: 8-10 years of film/television documentary production experience, with demonstrated editorial expertise in documentary/journalistic standards.
• Required: Experience working in public television with a working knowledge of industry language and production and post-production workflows desired.
• Preferred: College degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Preferred: Experience with project management tools and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Filemaker, and other software applications.
• Preferred: Experience completing network deliverables for national television programs; delivery to PBS.
• Preferred: Experience with managing workflows and maintaining data systems.