Independent Television ServiceSan Francisco, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Production Coordinator jobs in San Francisco-CA
The person in this role reports to the Senior Manager, Short Form Content, and is a member of the Programming and Production Department supporting the ITVS and Independent Lens (IL) production teams with an emphasis on Short Form Content. Responsibilities include: supporting the management of a robust portfolio of high quality and diverse multi-format programs including feature-length and short films, short-form series, and IL multi platform initiatives; maintaining data management systems and delivering reports; assisting with day-to-day administration; and providing contracting support. This position also supports department related administrative activities including meetings, workshops, annual planning and budgeting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Support the Senior Manager, VP of Production, Executive Producer, and Supervising Producers in the delivery of a portfolio while adhering to PBS editorial standards.
• Work as a key liaison between the Programming and Production staff and the Audience Development teams (Distribution, Engagement & Impact, Marketing & Publicity) in the project management of programs
• Assist with the timely and efficient delivery of programs, and seamless distribution via PBS and other public media digital and broadcast platforms, journalism outlets, and other key distribution partners.
• Maintain schedules for IL and support and ensure the adherence to rapid production and distribution schedules in coordination with producers, distributors and other departments.
• Support the contracting and administration of IL multi-platform initiatives, including shorts and series for PBS and participating journalism outlets.
• Review proposals for prospective projects and help manage the IL submissions process.
• Set up, update and maintain project records in Netsuite and Asana to ensure compliance with department standards and to help build departmental capacity, as assigned.
• Participate in creating and implementing workflows; documenting and maintaining best practices; and collecting and analyzing records for departmental information and data systems including but not limited to Netsuite and Asana.
• Assist with filmmaker and producer communication, drafting payment letters and notification emails.
• Provide administrative support around contract execution, budgeting, and closing processes.
• Help archive, locate and traffic media to series staff, broadcasters, and other parties to support program management.
Initiative and Departmental Coordination
• Act as a staff contact for potential applicants regarding guidelines for ITVS digital funding initiatives.
• Coordinate intake of proposals, application and vetting material to support contracting and management of digital initiatives.
• Coordinate intake of open submissions for IL series.
• Participate in the review and production vetting of proposals and application materials.
• Collect, maintain and present data including applicant statistics.
• Assist in planning and executing departmental team events, including managing communications, coordinating travel, scheduling, and event execution.
• Support and execute, as needed, the departmental licensing payment process and maintain short form content encumbrances.
• Fosters and cultivates a culture of care and a high commitment to quality informed by ITVS values.
• Contributes to culture by proactively participating in organization programs and staff events.
• Seeks and integrates constructive feedback to drive continuous improvement.
• Works collaboratively with peers and staff; builds relationships through effective and compassionate communication.
• Provide enthusiastic and exceptional customer service, anticipating partner needs, handling inquiries, and resolving issues.
• Fulfill other team administration tasks, as needed and assigned.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
1. A commitment to social impact work and engagement in a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
2. Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
3. Comfortable with handling various digital asset formats.
4. Excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills
5. Strong in project management, sound judgment, practical and solution-oriented.
6. Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and think strategically.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and ''can do'' attitude; able to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally.
8. Ability to stay focused, highly organized, pay close attention to details and produce reliable results.
9. Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
10. Willing to support leadership's decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner.
11. Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
12. Enjoys working as a team member as well as independently.
1. Required: BA degree or equivalent experience.
2. Required: Experience with project coordination, creating and refining workflows.
3. Required: Extensive experience and proficiency working in Google suite, MS Word and MS Excel.
4. Preferred: Experience with internet research, Google Workspace, and Asana.
5. Preferred: Experience in TV and/or digital series production and post-production, experience with docu-series.
6. Preferred: Familiarity with digital distribution platforms in commercial and public media.
7. Preferred: Knowledge of file transfer protocol systems.
8. Preferred: Experience with and/or knowledge of public television system and related digital channels.
ITVS is a financial steward of public funds and committed to pay transparency, as well as providing equitable and competitive compensation for staff. For this role the pay range is $26.78- $29.93 and the incumbent new hire's base pay will begin at $26.78. This is a non-exempt (hourly) position and includes a robust benefits package. Advancement in the pay range is dependent on advancement in the role.