Imperative EntertainmentSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Imperative Entertainment currently has a full-time position open for an experienced Accounting Manager with drive and know-how to join a growing team in Santa Monica, California.
As the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Supporting the Executive Director of Financial Planning & Analysis in overseeing all accounting operations, including multiple books, managing and reconciling cash flow and working capital, monthly close, GAAP compliance, and controls/policies.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Preparing timely and accurate monthly financial statements, as well as management reporting and analysis, including key finance and operating metrics
• Maintaining and improving upon current internal controls, policies and infrastructure to scale with the business and mitigate risk
• Assessing current processes for efficiency and proposing, documenting, and implementing process improvements
• Maintaining contributor royalty accounting and supporting bi-annual community payments
• Assisting with weekly vendor payments, including vendor invoice controls
• Ensuring accurate personnel time and project tracking
• Leading implementation of new accounting software, including but not limited to importing historical GLs and creating a chart of accounts
• Preparing financial statements
• Preparing monthly P&L and Balance Sheets
• Reconciling accounts
• Maintaining internal controls
• A/P & A/R administration
• Administering ad-hoc projects as necessary/requested
• Continuously analyzing current automation of the accounting and reporting process and presenting improvement suggestions
• Upholding company standards when working with business partners to ensure compliance with agreements and corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls
• Partnering with the Head of HR on PTO tracking, policies and administration as necessary
• Preparing financial analysis on trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.
• Executing monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP
All with exceptional customer service, impeccable attention to detail, and a smile.
• Four-year university degree in Finance or Accounting
• 2+ years at an entertainment or media company, preferably a startup
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to think like an entrepreneur
• Highly detail-oriented individual who enjoys accounting and process improvement
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven ability to work across departments with varying levels of staff and management to solve problems and achieve results with a high degree of empathy
• 5+ years of relevant experience in accounting (2+ must be in entertainment)
• Knowledge of SAGE Intacct general ledger system;
• Knowledge of ASC 926 - Accounting for Motion Picture & Television Industry
• Sense of humor is a huge plus!
The candidate we seek will be self-motivated and work well as part of a small team. Discretion and an ability to manage up is also required.
In addition to a beautiful work environment, strong compensation and a great benefits package, this position offers long-term potential. You will work with and be exposed to top talent in entertainment and media.
For immediate consideration please email current resume.
No phone calls, please.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online