Senior Content Acquisition Manager
IMDb TVSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer-centric ad supported premium free video service and make it convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. Amazon is seeking a Senior Content Acquisition Manager who can build on our early success, pioneer new programs for customers, and help define our future.
We are looking for a strategic, creative, and analytical candidate who can drive Content Strategy and Acquisition for IMDb TV in order to increase customers and engagement for Amazon's newest video business. This individual will work in a highly collaborative environment, and be responsible for key aspects of the business including contributing to the content strategy, negotiating deals with content partners and collaborating with marketing to drive customer and engagement growth.
In addition to strong negotiation skills, and experience with content rights and value, the ideal candidate is a data-driven critical thinker who has an attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, is cool under pressure, and isn't afraid to roll sleeves up as needed. This individual must have experience in working with US and international content owners, negotiating complex agreements, developing new business models and delivering results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This individual must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, and think outside of one's direct sphere of responsibility.
This position will be located in Santa Monica, CA.
• Drive and execute the content acquisition strategy for IMDb TV
• Build a plan to have the most compelling content for customers
• Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management
• Use customer behavior, usage and consumption data to inform decision-making
• Build and manage relationships with senior-level leaders at content providers
• Lead relationships with content partners, channel groups and more niche video media organizations
• Drive continuous improvement in all operational aspects of Amazon's relationship with its digital content suppliers
• Manage all aspects of content negotiations regarding content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
• Work with in-house and external legal counsels
• Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas within IMDb TV
• Maintain a can-do attitude and a willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of experience in media content deals and/or business development
• Knowledge of digital video landscape
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• End-to-end ownership of major project deliverables
• Ability to work well in a fast paced and highly changing environment with little guidance
• Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
• Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
Further qualifications would be a plus:
• Previous experience in consulting
• Solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies
• Proven track record demonstrating the ability to negotiate complex license and/or business development agreements
• Content licensing and/or business development experience in the US and internationally
• Good contacts and relationships across the video media industry
• Ability to work with and influence peer teams internationally
• Commercial thinking with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong ability to understand product and technical requirements and interface with Product/Technology teams.
• Entrepreneurial drive/initiative
• Must be enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting things done, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills (e.g. ability to use and modify data sets in Excel, write SQL queries and export data, etc.)
• Deep knowledge of the TV and digital video market