SVP, Business & Legal Affairs
Imagine EntertainmentBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine Entertainment is seeking an SVP, Business & Legal Affairs for our cross-divisional BLA Group! This position will report to our EVP & Head of Business & Legal Affairs.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Negotiating and drafting agreements related to the development, production and financing of Television, Film, Kids & Family, International, Theatrical and Streaming content, including rights agreements and above-the-line talent agreements.
• Providing business & legal support during physical and post-production.
• Construct, negotiate, document, and manage a wide variety of agreements in connection with the development, production and distribution of scripted and unscripted programming (including but not limited to above-the-line talent, rights, overall, and content license and co-production agreements).
• Strategize with advice and counsel executives, producers, and other senior program personnel on all BLA matters.
• Effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers, outside attorneys, and legal and business affairs executives at other production companies and platforms.
The successful candidate will have a J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school. 8+ years of relevant experience working for a production company, studio, network and/or law firm. Consumer products and animation experience, is a plus.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation, and analytical skills while succinctly conveying and explaining complex business and legal concepts.
• Reliably execute multiple, high-priority projects concurrently and proactively.
• Problem solver under tight timeframes with a keen attention to detail and time management.
• Display a professional, positive, and confident demeanor with excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
• Ability to demonstrate remarkable initiative, creativity, flexibility and adaptability within corporate parameters. Embrace rapidly evolving situations and tasks outside of existing areas of expertise.
• Work cross functionally and tactically with all other key departments including Production, Finance, Publicity/Marketing and Creative.
**This position is based out of our Beverly Hills, CA office. We are currently in the process of returning back to the office.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online