Director/VP, Business & Legal Affairs
Imagine EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Director/VP, Business & Legal Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Our Imagine Business & Legal Affairs team is seeking a director or VP-level, Business & Legal Affairs executive for our cross-divisional BLA Group. This position will report to our Head of Business & Legal Affairs.
The successful candidate's primary responsibility will be negotiating and drafting a wide variety of agreements related to the development, production and financing of Television, Film, Kids & Family and International content.
Job duties include:
- Structure, negotiate, draft, and manage a wide variety of deals in connection with the development, production and distribution of scripted and documentary programming (including above-the-line talent, rights, overall, and content license and co-production agreements).
- Provide strategic advice and counseling to creative executives, producers, and other senior program personnel on all BLA matters.
- Work cross functionally with all other key departments including Production, Finance, Publicity/Marketing and Creative on various initiatives.
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Bar admission (CA preferred)
- 4-7 years of relevant experience working for a production company, studio, network and/or law firm. Features experience is a plus.
- A desire to work across a broad range of projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - the ability to succinctly explain complex business and legal concepts to drive clear-headed decision making.
- The time management and prioritization skills necessary to execute multiple, high-priority projects concurrently and proactively.
- Team orientation and collaborative approach to work and excellent relationships in the industry.
Location: Beverly Hills, CA (Hybrid; COVID-19 Vaccine Required)
Job Type: Regular; Full-Time
IMAGINE considers applicants for all positions without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, ancestry, sex, gender (including the fact that an individual is transgender, transitioning or transitioned), pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions, national origin, marital, domestic partner or familial status, military and veteran status, medical condition, physical disability or mental disability, citizenship, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local laws. We consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable Fair Chance laws.