Tech Support Engineer
Imaginary ForcesBrooklyn, NY
Full Time Job
Imaginary Forces is a creative company with studios in Los Angeles and New York City. We are currently looking to fill a Desktop Support role for the Los Angeles office.
The position will provide frontline helpdesk support for a 15-30 person, fast-paced studio as part of a bi-coastal team. You will work closely with all levels of the company to resolve technical issues in a timely and efficient manner. This position is entry to mid level and will report to the IT Manager.
Basic Responsibilities Include:
• Effectively handling customer and user troubleshooting in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Maintain workstations (including desktops and laptops) in a manner consistent with standard operating procedures.
• Image, install, deploy, manage, and support hardware, software, plugins, email, phones, peripherals, conference rooms, and other user-related operations.
• Administer user accounts, machine configurations, and system inventory.
• Troubleshoot all hardware and software issues (including creative software).
• Assists Senior IT Staff with complex issues, analysis, and initiatives
• Monitor and help manage CGI render pipeline.
• Be available for after hours and on call support.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Strong ability to troubleshoot technical issues (software and hardware)
• Prior helpdesk experience supporting Mac OS/Windows environments.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows.
• Knowledge of production or post-production workflows
• Strong communication skills with excellent customer service.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• 1+ years' experience supporting a video production or VFX environment.
• Expert Mac OS/Windows OS Knowledge
• Basic understanding of Active Directory and IP networking.
• Familiar with Unix / Linux operating systems.
• Familiar with Deadline Render Manager or similar software (Render wrangler preferred).
• Experience supporting media applications such as Adobe Suite, Autodesk Maya, Cinema 4D, Nuke, Etc is strongly preferred.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online