Truck Driver- Class A
Illumination Dynamics, Inc.Los Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Truck Driver- Class A jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Illumination Dynamics (ID) is a rental and services provider of automated and conventional lighting and mobile power generation equipment for the motion picture, television, special events, and sports broadcast markets. With locations in Los Angeles, California, and Charlotte, North Carolina, ID has an excellent reputation in all markets served, and is considered to be an industry leader in quality, customer service, and integrity. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of ARRI Rental, which operates through a network of rental facilities in North America and across Europe. ID was founded in 2001 by a team of industry experts
Illumination Dynamics, Inc. (ID), a supplier of Lighting Equipment, Trucks and Generators to the Motion Picture, Television, Commercial and Sports Broadcast Industries including Automated Lighting to the Entertainment Television and Corporate markets with offices in California and North Carolina.
Illumination Dynamics, Inc. (ID), is a leading supplier of Lighting, Grip, Trucks and Generators to the Motion Picture, Television and Commercial Industries as well as Automated Lighting to the Television and Corporate Events and Portable Redundant Power to Live Sports Broadcast and Special Events.
ID is looking for 2 Generator Operator and CDL Class A Driver for our Broadcast and Special Events with 3+ years' in road driving and 2+ years' in Diesel Generator and Electrical Distribution experience and possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic. These roles will be trained in our California or North Carolina offices.
This full time position will be required to work on the road as well as in the warehouse, performing the duties and responsibilities listed below. Primary job is to oversee Generator power for live events mostly in the Sports Broadcast Industry. Over the road interstate travel is required and at times for several weeks in a row. The position requires working alone on jobs sites with the client as a single representative of the company. The Generator Tech/CDL Driver is required to perform their duties and complete their jobs at the expected level of performance required by ID.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Driver Responsibilities: Full understanding of all current CDL laws. Includes daily vehicle inspection reports. Maintaining accurate driver log book. Individual mileage reports. Making sure the vehicle is current on service intervals. Properly and safely securing all loads in or on the vehicle... Keeping track and logging all expenses via expense report. Maintaining an accurate weekly time card. Random DOT drug screening.
· Generator Technician Responsibilities: Following all ID procedures as laid out in the Broadcast Generator Tech Handbook. Includes generator knowledge in parallel and non-parallel set ups. Maintaining all generator log sheets to include operation log, monitor sheet, and Generator fuel logs. Working with office personnel prior to events for the scheduling of fuel deliveries. Communicating with ID personnel to trouble shoot potential issues. Performing minor repairs in the field per instruction from ID personnel. Performing regular scheduled generator maintenance. Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clientele.
· Working knowledge of generators and diesel engines.
· Available to work prolonged hours and be on the road for extended time periods.
· Willing to travel via commercial airlines as business needs require.
· Must maintain a valid CDL Driver's License with clean MVR.
· Must pass background check, DOT Drug & Alcohol screening test and pass prior Employment and Safety verifications per DOT requirements.
· Working knowledge of paralleling generators and redundant power systems.
· Good electrical and electronic knowledge including AC & DC power, generators and ability to analyze problems and assist with repairs.
· Working knowledge of complete mechanical operation of vehicles and ability to make minor repair.
· Working knowledge of rental equipment terminology and application as it applies
· To the Motion Picture, Broadcast and Special Event Industries. Prior Broadcast knowledge a plus.
· Knowledge in the use of personal computers and related company software applications.
ID is committed to providing high quality equipment and customer service always operating with professionalism and integrity while meeting the exacting requirements of our customers in production. If you are an individual that would like to work with a great team of people in this type of environment; be able to bring creativity, expertise and commitment to strengthen and grow the company, we are looking for you!
We truly value our staff and offer a comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k, vacation, sick and personal leave, etc.…Salary is dependent upon experience and skill set.