Colorist | Editor Assistant
illuminate HollywoodStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
illuminate Hollywood, a leading LA based Post Production Company is seeking a Colorist | Editor Assistant to join our team.
We are looking for a professional self-motivated candidate, with superior work ethic and ability to work to strict delivery deadlines, with minimal direct supervision. Must have the ability to review and understand technical specs as they pertain to the creation of content for digital distribution platforms.
This is a swing shift, in-person position.
• Utilize Davinci Resolve, Filmlight Baselight for setting up Color and finalizing jobs. Nucoda experience a plus, but not necessary
• Conform client projects, creating basic effects, and titling
• Extensive knowledge of Final Cut Pro 7 and AVID.
• Extensive knowledge of sequence files, such as 16bit DPX, EXR and TIFFs
• Knowledge of digital video codecs including DNxHD, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 4444, h264, Photo JPEG and bit rates (ex: 6Mbit/s vs 100Mbit/s)
• Converting, Transcoding, and Compression
• Modify QuickTime metadata
• Organize all project files for current and future use
• Assembly and Editorial
• Ingest from tape or file server for digital and mobile distribution
• Create and Restore LTO archives and verify checksum
• Experience with video conversion tools and basic understanding of the .mov and .mp4 wrappers
• Knowledge of devices such as Transkoder, Clipster, a plus.
• Knowledge of video encoding software, such as Telestream, Apple Compressor, or Adobe Media Encoder
• Experience with closed captioning software in post-production workflows
• Knowledge of 4K/UHD/HD formats and resolutions
• Knowledge of multi-track audio such as 5.1 and stereo mixes
• Synchronize and edit Closed Captioning
• Synchronize and edit language tracks
• Knowledge of various broadcast tape formats such as D5, HDCAM-SR and Digital Betacam, a plus
• Organization of the Finishing Avid projects, Avid stations, and hard drives
• Understanding of frame rates (23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 29.97i, 50i, 59.94p), timecode (drop frame, non drop frame), aspect ratios (1.33, 1.78, 1.85, 2.39), resolutions (720x486, 1280x720, 1920x1080, 2K, 4K), Video scanning (interlaced vs progressive), and color spaces (rec2020, rec709, P3, 16-235, RGB 0-255)
• Basic understanding of audio bit depth (16bit, 24bit), sample rate (44.1kHz, 48kHz), codecs (AAC, Linear PCM), common track layouts (stereo, 5.1, split), and audio formats (WAV, AIF, mp3, m4a)
• Understanding of shared area network storage (ISIS/Unity/XSAN)
• A clear understanding of color theory
• Must be efficient, well organized, detailed oriented and have good follow-through skills
• Ability to work on multiple open items simultaneously with attention to detail and consistency
• Ability to work under high-pressure situations with quick turn around and take instructions both verbally and in writing
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
$30.00 - 35.00 per hour
Compensation: • Pay range: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour • Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance • 401K Retirement Plan
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online