Ignition CreativePlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
The Music Department (Director of Music/Music Supervisor) assists Ignition Creative, Ignition Games, Ignition Digital, and Lighthouse content in finding the perfect music for each of their projects by working with Creative Directors, Producers, and Editors. This includes finding commercial songs, library cues, producing custom music, and custom overlays. The Music Department also acts as a liaison between record labels, music publishers, music libraries, and composers. The Music Coordinator will be part of the Music Department and assist the department by handling administrative tasks such as creating cue sheets for deliverables and organizing the music server.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Creating cue sheets for all active campaigns
o Incl. making sure editors are using approved library cues when applicable and making sure editors don't go over cleared cue restrictions when applicable
• Gathering cleared cues for active campaigns
• Keeping Approved Library List up to date
• Keeping label/publisher/library contacts up to date
• Updating Soundminer database with the following:
o Trailer Library Music
o Production Library Music
o Sound Design
• Create & submit expense reports for music purchases
• Keep a running list of all cues finished in trailers created in house + any outside work done using a major commercial cue.
• Reach out to labels/publishers/libraries for music assets (stems & instrumentals)
Qualifications & Skills
• Must have experience doing cue sheets
• Must be extremely detail oriented
• Must be able to multitask, be extremely organized, and be self-motivated
• Must be Mac proficient and tech savvy
• Must have an excellent work ethic (MUST be on time & be okay staying late if needed)
• Must have a keen sense of musical tone and interest in becoming a trailer music supervisor
• Proficient in Avid and Premier
• Understanding of music clearance and licensing
DUTIES AND TASKS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. SOMETIMES ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ASSIGNED TO ASSIST WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS. WE ASK YOU TO BE FLEXIBLE WITH THE DUTIES ON THIS LIST.
This will be an hourly position. Ignition offers competitive medical, dental, vision and 401k benefits.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online