Assistant - Talent Public Relations
ID Public RelationsNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Assistant - Talent Public Relations jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant - Talent Public Relations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant - Talent Public Relations? Assistant - Talent Public Relations
We are seeking a highly motivated and detailed oriented Assistant, who can stay one step ahead of an influential publicist representing an eclectic client roster. Candidate must have excellent communication skills, maintain the highest level of confidentiality, have the ability to keep up with an extremely busy, fast-paced office, and remain composed in high-pressure environments with strong-willed personalities. Must be able to multi-task under breaking deadlines. This is a challenging position which has the potential to lead to a rewarding career as an entertainment publicist. This is a work-from-home position with hours based on Eastern Standard Time until further notice. The position will be based out of our New York office once the work-from-home policy is lifted.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Service clients with digital breaks
- Answer phones promptly and professionally
- Maintain digital press kits; maintain hard press kit files when appropriate
- Process client requests in a timely manner
- Provide support in managing and processing expense and mileage reports
- Manage Account Executive's schedule/confirmations - meetings, meals, travel, etc.
- Attend events, junket, shoots in support of client for experience and training - when approved
- Handle hair/makeup/styling holds when appropriate
- Create and maintain client schedules (in coordination with counterparts and team members)
- Maintain client assets and in-office samples
- Work with supervisors to maintain and update all media lists on a timely basis.
- Coordinate mailings with team members in advance
- BA in Mass Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Must have one year of full-time direct experience in entertainment PR (either at an agency, studio or network)
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as in teams
- Strong ability to prioritize, solve problems and be resourceful
- Able to handle fast-paced PR environment
- Able to work well under pressure and take direction well
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to handle any/all confidential information, issues and matters in a sensitive manner
- Professional appearance and demeanor with a positive attitude is a must
- Must be able to provide own computer/laptop.