Business Affairs Executive
ICM PartnersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• • POSITION SUMMARY
Our agency’s Concert Touring Department is seeking an experienced Business Affairs Executive with excellent negotiating skills and strong problem-solving capabilities to join our team. The candidate must demonstrate confidence in meeting tight deadlines and exhibit strong communication skills while managing multiple projects; attention to detail is a must.
• Support entire Concerts Department with current locations in Los Angeles, New York and London
• Advise and support agents with all aspects of client contracts, including contract language, acceptable revisions, contractual rights and obligations for performance agreements
• Negotiate and finalize standardized sets of Terms and Conditions for client deals with buyers
• Work closely with agents to draft official correspondence on behalf of clients and agency, including, without limitation, demand letters, breach notices, amendments/addendums, and cease and desists letters to third parties engaging in unauthorized representation of our clients, use of clients’ IP or name, likeness and image, etc.
• Facilitate dispute resolution process including, without limitation, drafting and negotiating settlement releases
• Research, assess, and analyze potential liability in order to balance business needs and acceptable levels of risk
• Other various projects and tasks as needed or requested by Concerts Department Heads
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
• JD required and active license to practice in CA
• 5 years of intensive negotiation and transactional legal experience
• Previous work in live events/performances required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Extremely responsive to key stakeholders
• Comfortable with multi-tasking, dealing with high volume and tight deadlines
• Possess strong writing skills, both technical and persuasive
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and excels with high volume workload
• Creative problem solver
• Attention to detail and accuracy of information
• Ability to take direction and guidance from department leaders and maintain autonomy with respect to workload
• Excellent judgment with respect to representing ICM Partners to buyers, managers, clients and business contacts
ICM Partners is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
ICM Partners also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Department if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this position description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
ICM Partners is one of world’s leading talent agencies, dedicated to the representation of artists, content creators, broadcasters, authors, journalists and artisans. Many of the most iconic hits in motion pictures, television, music and publishing were created on the page, on the stage, in front of and behind the camera, by the agency’s clients. Originally founded in 1975 as International Creative Management (ICM), we have the expertise and influence of a legacy agency, as well as the entrepreneurial spirit of our agent/owners who bought the company in 2012 and rebranded it as ICM Partners. We have offices in Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C., and London.