ICM PartnersNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• • ICM Partners is dedicated solely to the representation of artists, content creators, authors, artisans, and journalists. Many of the biggest hits in motion pictures, television, music, sports, and publishing were created on the page, on the stage, in front of, and behind the camera by the agency’s clients. The company has the expertise of a legacy agency, with decades in the business. Coupled with the entrepreneurial spirit of its agent owners who bought the company in 2012, the agency operates with its client’s best interests at the forefront of everything they do. The firm has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and London.
This is an exciting position for people who have a passion for books and good storytelling where you can learn the mechanics of the publishing business and observe how a senior Partner Agent networks, advocates for their clients, and builds successful careers for artists. The position also reports to our Director of Royalties and Contract Administration. The successful candidate is high organized, detail-oriented, thorough and follows through on all responsibilities to completion, is an excellent communicator and is resourceful.
Agent’s Office Business Administration:
• Draft letters, memos, and other materials
• Prepare and revise correspondence/internal and external documents/reports
• Act as a liaison between inquiring parties and agents/authors
• Handle and route incoming phone calls and emails
• Manage agent’s calendar and appointments
• Act as a liaison between authors, editors, and subsidiary rights teams
• Track manuscripts and create reader’s reports
• Researching account details of publishing contracts
• Maintain filing system and ensure filing remains current
• Stay up to date on the publishing landscape, popular culture, entertainment, politics, etc.
• Other varied administrative details
• Compile deal notes, deal memo, and maintain all of agent’s deal files
• Vet all of agent’s contracts and prepare materials for Media Rights and Business Affairs team
• Research account details of publishing contracts and coordinate signing/countersigning
• Track due dates for advance payments and chase payments for open domestic deals
• Compile monthly delivery reports
• Book domestic contracts
• Vet and draft amendments and smaller deals that come through agent’s desk, including: anthology agreements, schedule amendments, payout amendments, ebook amendments, collaboration agreements, serial deals, and audio, film and print permission agreements.
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• At least one year of administrative experience or strong internship experience required
• Must be up to date on latest literary business news
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with colleagues, clients and buyers
• Must have superb organizational, time management, and project management skills
with an exceptionally strong attention to detail
• Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information discretely and with diplomacy
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Unafraid to ask questions
• Proficiency in MS office, Excel and Outlook
• Must have a love for reading and a passion for books!
BA/BS degree with a strong academic record. Concentration in areas of English, Literature, journalism, etc. strongly preferred
Experience: A minimum of a year of work experience in a professional office environment required.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Expert level with Windows/PCs. Knowledge and experience with multi-line office phones.
ICM Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.