Assistant - Business Affairs
ICM PartnersLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/29/2022 5:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Assistant - Business Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant - Business Affairs postings
Full Time Job
A major talent and literary agency with offices in NYC, LA, and London, is seeking an exceptional, resourceful, highly organized Assistant to support a Senior Business Affairs Executive within the lit/talent departments. The successful candidate will be highly organized, efficient and extremely detail-oriented.
• Once baseline deal terms are negotiated by agents, track contract drafts and negotiations until contracts are ready for closing, track and keep BA informed of negotiating related production calendar dates.
• Support BA review of contracts in motion picture, talent, and literary areas of agency including, but not limited to: escrow agreements, comparing drafts of contracts to indicate any changes, vetting first drafts of contracts to make sure they adhere to ICM and/or client precedent, issue spotting, writing corresponding reports and summaries, and suggesting resolution;
• Create/maintain on-line client files and database of all pending projects; Maintain a working knowledge of historical contracts / agency precedents and create and maintain charts/data-base.
• Answering and directing a high volume of phone calls; track calls using call log
• Interfacing with clients, agents, producers and managers
• Coordinate with agent assistants and Contract Administration: signing of contracts by clients and producers; creating bookings; invoicing first payments; uploading all contracts into database: and filing Equity, SAG/AFTRA and other guild/union contracts with the respective union/guild; track contracts; creating booking reports, coordinate tracking payments for clients (including fees, initial options, royalties, participations, subsidiary rights, bonuses, subsequent options, etc.)
• Copyright & chain of title research to determine copyright holder(s) for potential underlying rights deals and copyright termination / recapture.
• Schedule meetings, conference calls, and organize expenses
• Additional responsibilities as they occur with the expansion and development of the department
• JD with strong academic record. Concentration in areas of contract, copyright, and intellectual property law, entertainment law preferred
• Previous experience at agency, law firm, general management office or comparable environments preferred
• Strong attention to detail, outstanding time management/multi-tasking skills, ability to problem solve
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work well in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Organized and analytical
• Expert level in Microsoft Office applications on Windows/PC
Experience: A minimum of a year of work experience in a professional office environment required. Computer Skills: Expert level in MS Outlook, Excel, Word on Windows/PCs
ICM Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.